Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetypes with shapes not showing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kiarianc
1354 Views, 5 Replies

Linetypes with shapes not showing

I had a go at creating a standard set of linetypes for drainage. 

Premise is simple. Dashed for surface water, dash and a scaleable dot for foul.
Rising main to have an accent style line on dashed line (in middle of the line) for surface water, and dashed (scaleable dot), again in the middle of the line, for foul water.

I used a few shapes created to draw the accents on the rising main and the crosses on the decommissioned surface water and foul, and used filled in circles from the Wingdings text for the scaleable dots for the foul.

All looks good on my CAD, but my colleagues are all just getting dashed lines with no accented lines. CAD drawing attached, and image of what it should look like. Thanks in advance. I assume this has something to do with shape files/scales error?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
vinodkl
in reply to: kiarianc

Hi,

As I open the drawing I get pop up of SHX files missing. Did you share SHX files along with the drawing to your colleagues? 

Try to ETRANSMIT the drawing, which would bundle up the SHX file along with it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 6
kiarianc
in reply to: vinodkl

@vinodkl Hi, no, this is a drawing I have just saved on a server for colleague to open and use when they want. Can you bind in these shapes to the drawing, or is eTransmit the only way someone else on another computer can use them?

Message 4 of 6
vinodkl

Hi,

Hmm, if the files are on the server, then ask your colleagues to add the network storage location to their Support file search path in OPTIONS under FILE tab. 

ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
Message 5 of 6
kiarianc
in reply to: vinodkl

@vinodkl  Thanks for the reply. The files are on the server, and by files I mean the drawing. Where are these shape files stored? That's whats confusing me. You create a shape file in a CAD drawing, then load it by typing SHAPE and select the shape file name you created, sorted.
But where is this shape file? I'm opening the same drawing as my colleagues. They have the same access to the same folder as I have, and from what I can tell my support file search path is also the same. I haven't got a dedicated support file path to these shape files, wherever they are.

Message 6 of 6
Kent1Cooper

@kiarianc wrote:

.... Where are these shape files stored? ....

The file(s) will have a .SHX filetype ending -- Search for those.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report