Did you mean: 

Letters in text is printing sideways

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3626 Views, 7 Replies

Letters in text is printing sideways

I'm trying to print a title block, and maybe along the way one was exploded and editted. But SOME text that should be horizontal, 0 degrees, is printing it's letters at 90 degrees, along the horizonal line like it should be. AutoCAD 2015, Doesn't seems to matter if it's multiline text, or single line. I tried matching property from the good text to the bad, but got nothing. All on the same layer, same text style. It's just a simple file, with this title block.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

My first guess is that the Style has somehow been altered to be Vertical.  Get into the Style dialog box, pick that Style and see whether the Vertical button is checked -- if so, uncheck it, save, and you will probably need to REGENerate the drawing to make the change.  But that option is not available with all fonts, so if that doesn't do it, it would be helpful if you can post a drawing file.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 8
BrianBenton
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

@Kent1Cooper wrote:

My first guess is that the Style has somehow been altered to be Vertical.  Get into the Style dialog box, pick that Style and see whether the Vertical button is checked -- if so, uncheck it, save, and you will probably need to REGENerate the drawing to make the change.  But that option is not available with all fonts, so if that doesn't do it, it would be helpful if you can post a drawing file.

I agree and would also start here. Also, if the text style is annotative it could be set to lock the orientation to a layout. 

Brian C. Benton

bbenton@cad-a-blog.com
http://CAD-a-Blog.com
twitter.com/bcbenton
www.facebook.com/CADaBlog

Message 4 of 8
m_kingdon

Could you upload a screenshot with the offending text highlighted and the properties window open please?

Also, normal text should actually be at 90 degrees, not 0 degrees.  If the Text Rotation say 0 degrees change it to 90 and rotate the whole text box.

Mike Kingdon
Civil 3D Zealot

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
pendean

Can you post the actual DWG file? Also, what are you printing to and who is it set to handle TTF fonts that you appear to be using?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I tried everything. I copied my things into a new drawing, I changed text styles, made brand new text boxes, everything.. I printed to a different printed and everything looked fine. How could just this printer be messing up some of the text?

Message 7 of 8
m_kingdon

It is really difficult to tell unless you give us more technical information. Attaching the drawing file would be a good start.

Mike Kingdon
Civil 3D Zealot

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

After going through every CAD setting in the world, I figured out it was my printer. I talked to IT about it and they noticed the printer didn't have the right driver installed on it, they fixed it, everything printed fine. It was just messing me up because some of the settings fixed some of the text, just not all of it. Thank for the good ideas, I really appreciate it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report