Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout TAB missing

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
909 Views, 11 Replies

Layout TAB missing

Hi, i re-installed my AutoCAD 2018 and i seem to be missing my layout tab on the top similar to "Home", "Surface" "Mesh" etc. I've read the previous forum on similar problem but cannot find a solution. I tried ticking off "Clean Screen", ticking on "Display tab" in Options and still cant find it. I cant find a way to use the "Cross-section" feature on the tab. Please help.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

you can by Ctrl+PgUp  /  Ctrl+PgDn  toggling between Model and paper space . But we wish if we can have a screenshot for the whole CAD screen please ? 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
ennujozlagam

you can try this..on the command line in AutoCAD, type LAYOUTTAB and set the value to 1.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 12
pendean

>>>...i seem to be missing my layout tab on the top similar to "Home", "Surface" "Mesh...<<<
Do you mean RIBBON tabs? You probably need to cycle through your workspaces with this button

Capture.JPG

Or with your reinstall did you forget about a 3rd party add-on you had previously?

Why did you reinstall 2018 BTW?

Don't forget you need the 2018.1.2 update to be installed too.

Message 5 of 12
dmfrazier

You should be able to use the CUI command to modify your current workspace.

Select your workspace in the upper-left pane.

Click Customize workspace button in the upper-right pane.

Find the Layout ribbon tab in the upper-left pane and select it to place a checkmark there and it will show up in the upper-right pane.

Click the Done button at the top of the Workspace contents pane.

Click OK on the CUI dialog.

Now your workspace is changed to include that Ribbon tab (named "Layout").

Message 6 of 12
user181

Maybe your ribbon is closed? Try using command RIBBON to turn it back on.

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

I tried but nothing happened 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Not the feature I was looking for. There should be a layout tab at the top to select cross-section etc. This is the current tab that Im stuck with. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Currently in 3D modelling in my workspace. Still cant solve the problem

Message 10 of 12
vinodkl

Hi,

Try to unload the acad.cuix and load it back. To do that type in the command "CUILOAD" and then click on "acad.cuix" and click on unload. And then click on browse and select acad.cuix and then select load.

vinodkl_0-1591072144984.png

vinodkl_1-1591072170335.png

If this doesn't work try resetting AutoCAD to defaults. Here is how you can do that:https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-r... 

Also check if your AutoCAD is updated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 12
imadHabash

Hi,

>> There should be a layout tab at the top to select cross-section etc. This is the current tab that Im stuck with. 

Q: have you seen it before ?

i'm not sure BUT as much as i understand your issue i think that basically there is NO layout tab icon in the ribbon . i suggest to follow this AKN article that may help . >> Click << 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
dmfrazier

@Anonymous,

Please see message #5.

Did you try this?

If so, what was the result?

(If not, why not?)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report