Did you mean: 

Layout in inches even though units are in meters and layout size is set to mm

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
9586 Views, 8 Replies

Layout in inches even though units are in meters and layout size is set to mm

My drawing is in meters, and I'm trying to set my plotting layout to millimeters and set my drawing to a scale to 1:100. However, when I set my plotting size to 700 x 700mm, the layout space converts that to 27 x 27 inches, and then my drawing (which was in meters) is now also in inches. So my floor plan which is 7m wide and obviously shouldn't fit at 1:1 fits perfectly since the layout recognizes it as 7 inches instead of meters. This is driving me insane, and I'm not sure if I'm missing a simple step. I sincerely appreciate any help.

Ryan 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hello, have you check your DDUNITS set your unit format. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

yes, like I said, my ddunits are in meters, but somehow the layout makes the units inches instead...

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

To reiterate, I changed my drawing units from meters to inches and converted my floor plan from 7m wide to 275 inches wide. This lets me scale the drawing properly in layout because it will only do inches!

Message 5 of 9
ennujozlagam

hello, is there anyway you can post your drawings here so we can check. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 9
ennujozlagam

try this in the command prompt type -DWGUNITS and select your units. thanks

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Here's the drawing. I'm trying to make it 1:100. One floor in real size is 7m wide, so it should be 7cm in layout.

Message 8 of 9
ВeekeeCZ

I would do it like this.

Used -dwgunits to change the units to m. Without scaling.

Layout sheet I draw in mm, so its 700x700, or 1400x700 to fit drawing.

Then the scale is 10. 

Message 9 of 9
skeramidas

Should anyone arrive here, the problem was solved here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/plot-size-units/m-p/6435416#M133282

Setting MEASUREMENT to 1 solved my inches in layout problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost