LAYERS WEIGHT ISSUES.

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
622 Views, 10 Replies

LAYERS WEIGHT ISSUES.

Hi Guys,

I am with struggling trying figure out whats going on with a file when i plot then in PDF, the layers block seems to be too weight when i have to make a zoom. does anyone how to sort that? see the screen shot File attached. 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

can you make a screenshot for your Plot dialog settings and attache it here ? 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

minchel7NWCJ_0-1589797155051.png

follow attached.

Message 4 of 11
imadHabash

Sorry ... can we also have your PDF file please ? 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

sure,

follow attached the PDF file.

Message 6 of 11
pendean

Are those raster images? Nothing in your posted PDF would indicate you have a problem, which does not match your pretty picture, and you have all methods of setting line weights turned off in AutoCAD LT 2021.

So how can we help exactly?

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

hi @pendean the issue is regarding the page where show the components into the Panel Designer instead the description letter. see the objects on the page 5 and 6 making a zoom. its happening when you have to making zoom.

Message 8 of 11
pendean

Thanks.

So that whole panel on your 11x17 sheet print is just under 4" in width when you print it: your all black components labels are less than an inch wide. Are you seriously wanting someone to read all that detail on a 4" wide print (PDF or PAPER)? This appears to be a bad-choice-of-print-scale issue more than anything else my friend. There is nothing to fix, you are expecting way too much from the thinnest line possible in a PDF (or printer), your base plate layout drawing for example really needs to be on its own 1:1 scale full size sheet if you want everyone to read it (that's not an 11x17 sheet size either for your D sheet size oblect).
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

hi @pendean, i appreciate yours thoughts,

I attached the file as asked by @imadHabash for check that. Besides, the file was drew already upon scale 1:1, the issue that has running in here it is about the layers when i have to plot the file in PDF, some them, continue be very weight, even that i've had kept this adjusted on the layers attributes. see the email on the top if you would like to help.

one more time, thank for your effort been in here trying to help.

Message 10 of 11
pendean

You most likely drew it at 1:1, but your sheets inside titlebocks are not 1:1 scale and all we have to go by to match your original picture.

Can you post your actual DWG file here? Only as it relates to your pages 5 and 6 (model and paper space), you can eliminate anything not related.

TIA
Message 11 of 11
ChicagoLooper

So the black rectangle with the white objects and white text is a block, correct? If this is correct, then check the layer hosting the block.

What is block's layer lineweight in the Layers Properties Manager? When the block is selected, what is displayed under the Lineweight section in the Properties Palette, By Layer? Or something else? For best results, the lineweight for the block should be controlled by the layer hosting the block, not controlled through the Properties Manager.

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report