Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Properties Manager in AutoCAD 2016

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
hoohooty
561 Views, 6 Replies

Layer Properties Manager in AutoCAD 2016

Not really sure where to search for this or where wheather it is a layer issue, but that is where I first noticed it. Once in a while an object will get sent to the wrong layer that is turn off. Well normally I just click on layer tab and turn layers on and off, (with layer box still open) until the object reappears. Then I leave the layer box and select object and send it the the correct layer. Well now in 2016 when I turn on a layer, it does turn on until I leave the layer list. Also if I have started lets say the multi-line command but decide to draw in a different layer it will not let me open the layer list without leave the multi-line tool, or any tool for that matter. I have looked in selection and layer options with no avale. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

@hoohooty
john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity:Layers problem -2016

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
john.vellek
in reply to: hoohooty

Hi @hoohooty,

This sounds interesting. When I open my LAYER PROPERTIES MANAGER, I see that I have three layers and I have a line assigned to each layer. When I turn a layer off, the line associated with that layer immediately is turned off. Does yours not do this?

Is it perhaps a regenall issue or a graphics card issue? Have you tried turning off hardware acceleration and other features to see if it affects the issue?

Please post your results here so I can assist you.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 7
bill14
in reply to: john.vellek

Yes,

This is a big problem!  I have all my objects divided up on layers but they don't all show up under the layer list.

For instance:I have an object that if I right click and look at it's object properties it says it's on "Signs" Layer but it's not listed under "Signs" in the Layer manager (some objects being shown on the signs layer, just not all).  I can only select it either by touching it on the screen or by the "scene explorer" (using sort by Hierarchy) as soon as I switch the scene explorer to "sort by layer" it's not shown.  I have "Display Children" checked.

I'm I missing something or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Bill

Message 4 of 7
pendean
in reply to: bill14

bill, show us a screenshot: I think you are talking about something else altogether.and probably ought to start your own thread.
Message 5 of 7
pendean

Freeze/Thaw vs. on/off is the better approach overall IMHO, it;'s worked for 27-years in AutoCAD, and may address the delay you speak of (I cannot replicate in R2016 so far).
Message 6 of 7
john.vellek

Hi hoohooty,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 7
bill14
in reply to: bill14

sorry wrong software- I'm taking about 3ds Max 2016 not autoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report