Did you mean: 

Key-in/Hotkey/or?? to bring the HOME TAB back w/o using mouse

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1638 Views, 7 Replies

Key-in/Hotkey/or?? to bring the HOME TAB back w/o using mouse

I get a frustrated with acad as it keeps changing from the HOME TAB to something other than I need. I have to constantly stop what I am doing and pick the HOME TAB then continue until I have to do it again which is non-stop.

If there were a way just push a function key or have a key-in or even use the HOME key on my keyboard that would be a blessing.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TheCADnoob
in reply to: Anonymous

you can create a macro and assign it to a shortcut key or button

+RIBBON;ACAD.ID_TabHome

I created a screen cast that ill share once it finally uploads to the server.

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADnoob

Thank you very much TheCADnuoob, I had really high hopes for this process but nothing has ever been easy for me in acad. I was able to do everything EXCEPT drag the new Command from the "Customizations in All Files" folder into the Shortcuts side. I was hoping to at least create the key combo of Alt+1 but I never get the option. This image doesn't show but when I try and drag the HOMER command over to Shortcuts I get circle w/ line through it.

Thanks again!

acad-HOMER.png

Message 4 of 8
TheCADnoob

I feel you on the difficult win CAD stuff. I'm a slow learner. From the looks of it you have all but crossed the finish line. 

You don't have to drag it from the left side of the screen to the right. I apologize if this is what it looked like in my video (i got interrupted several time putting that one together so it got chopped up a little) In the video i highlighted the command on the right side in the shortcuts screen. i didnt drag it there. I did drag it up from the commands window up to the shortcuts section but not from the left to the right. 

From your screen shot it looks like your command is in the keyboard short cut list. It looks all you have left is to define your keys.  

All you have to do is hit the end part of the keys line (i think a ellipse button will show up [...]) to be prompted for your keys. 

CADnoob homer key.GIF

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
dgorsman

Mind the program you are using - as that looks like Civil3D and not AutoCAD, there's some differences.  The former uses a *lot* of contextual Ribbon content to access appropriate properties and tools.  If you're deep into standard AutoCAD stuff rather than Civil3D, maybe have a look at temporarily disabling the contextual Ribbon switching.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks again TheCADnoob, I had to rewatch the video and finally got it to work!!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Thank you dgorsman. I am pretty new to autocad. For the past 25+ years I have been a microstation guy although I started out in autocad. I knew I was using Civil 3d but I didn't (don't) understand all of the tricks so I just roll with what happens when I start on a project.

I'll look into disabling the contextual Ribbon, thanks for the tip

Message 8 of 8
Jesseaboyd

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report