Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Purging dimension styles and text styles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jmuller49VL8
359 Views, 3 Replies

Issues with Purging dimension styles and text styles

Does anyone know what these details mean? 

I am trying to purge things and work on getting my team on a more organized autocad settings and I am having trouble finding the issues with where some items  are hidden in my drawing. 

AEC_DISP_PROPS_STAIR_PLAN (2)

*A5

*A74

(ect. ect. refer to images)

FYI - I already understand I cannot purge stuff that is my current dimension style.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: jmuller49VL8

You did not create those dimension items? Someone did using AutoCADARCHITECTURE (or PLANT3D ?) dimensioned in that file or on that detail you inserted or copy/pasted from.

TEST only: use WBLOCK command to create an all new DWG file from the content you want and are able to select from MODELSPACE, then OPEN it to find out if those unwanted items tagged along or not.

Message 3 of 4
TomBeauford

My guess is that like Civil 3D Architecture Labels have Text Styles referenced and linetypes referenced for intelligent objects by the AEC_DISP_PROPS_* names in your screenshots. 

64bit AutoCAD Map & Civil 3D 2023
Architecture Engineering & Construction Collection
Windows 10 Dell i7-12850HX 2.1 Ghz 12GB NVIDIA RTX A3000 12GB Graphics Adapter
Message 4 of 4
cadffm

Hi,

If you are working with AutoCAD/LT (not Architecture, Plant3D...), create a new plain AutoCAD DWG by

using -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command. This command will delete or explode all the AEC stuff.

Display settings are not in use in plain AutoCAD, Acad can show the current setting, but cam't creat...

Sebastian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report