Did you mean: 

impossible to add custom paper size

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
paul_margerie
145 Views, 4 Replies

impossible to add custom paper size

I want too plot a plan which is 297x2930mm. I was able to print the same file without issue on my old computer (AutoCAD 2022) but on the new computer it do not work :
paul_margerie_0-1725954718647.png

If i click one of the two "use a custom paper size ..." I direclty come back to the plot window but with plotter : None and papersize : empty

paul_margerie_1-1725954977412.png

if I try to add it mannully it do not find it after saving and i cannot print test page:

paul_margerie_2-1725955091538.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: paul_margerie

@paul_margerie 

Hello, and welcome!

Are you still on Acad 2022?  What kind of printer/plotter are you planning to send this plot to?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 5

Hello 
Thanks a lot for your anwser. I was still on AutoCAD 2022 and it was working. I just turned to AutoCAD 2024 and it doesn't work anymore. 
I was using "DWG to PDF.pc3" but I also tryed "AutoCAD PDF" and some other. No one was working (always the same reaction).

Message 4 of 5
Wojty1
in reply to: paul_margerie

Hello @paul_margerie 

Maybe there's something wrong in the Configuration.

Would you mind sharing both of your plotter configuration files (from ACAD 2022 and ACAD 2024)?

And maybe your drawing too (you can delete all objects in model space and paper space, just leave the layout you would like to print.

If you don't know where to find your plotter config files, just publish your drawing as eTransmit (it will create a zipped file with everything needed to open the drawing). You can also open the resulting ZIP file and just copy the plotter config (*.pc3) files.

One question: Which versions do you use in both of your AutoCAD installations - Imperial or Metric?

If they differ, maybe there's some "translation" issue from Meters/Millimeters to feet/inches.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | Civil 3D 2024 64-bit EN
ASUS Maximus Hero VIII / Intel QuadCore Core i7-7700K / EIZO FlexScan EV2411W 24" + EV2416W 24" / 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x 16 GB) Dual-Channel DDR4 / 12 GB ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 OC V2

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Civil 3D 2024 64-bit DE
HP ZBook Fury G10 / Intel Core i7-13850HX / 3x Lenovo 24" / 128 GB RAM / nVidia RTX A2000
Message 5 of 5

Hello,
I just found the solution to my problem. AutoCAD could not write the .pc3 file. The solution was to create a new .pc3 file and .pmp file in the temp ordner and to used them to print. 
Thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report