Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Page setup from another file stopped working

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
814 Views, 11 Replies

Importing Page setup from another file stopped working

I've been using the import page setup during the publish command with no problems for years. Over the weekend it has become almost impossible to use because it hang up after I select the drawing to import from. It will finally open after several minutes and I'm able to select the page layout and finish the publish command. Of the 6 AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 installation, only 1 is currently able to import the page setup without problems. This happened to me a while back and I uninstalled/reinstall autocad with no resolution of the problem. I ended up with a new computer which solved the problem until this weekend??????????

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

It sounds like AutoCAD is trying to find something in your path that might not be available any longer. A good test would be to log on as a brand new user and see if this issue still occurs. If not, then there is something in your Support File Search path which cant be found anymore. Please let me know if this checks out or if I should go another route to finding you a solution.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Wow, now I'm very confused!

I logged in on my co-worker's computer who has the same problem and I was able to instantaneously import the page setup and publish the drawing!!!  

So I had a co-worker log onto my computer with his user id and he was also able to instantaneously import the page setup!!!!!!!

So I logged in to my computer with my id and I cannot import the page setup????? And why this problem just started yesterday, I was fine last week?

Also I checked the workstation that has no problem and we both have the same Support File Search Path.

Message 4 of 12
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

It sounds like you have a damaged user profile. If it were me, I would rebuild the profile or even the Machine. (IMHO)

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Hi John

So how does a profile get damaged? And the big question, how do you rebuild a profile?

Thanks

Sylvain

Message 6 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I apologize for my late response. Are you using Roaming Profiles on a network? If your profile on one machine works then it might be worth syncing your settings to A360 on that computer and then restoring them on you regular computer.

If that doesn't work, I suggest that you consider a Repair from the Windows Control Panel and then a Reset Settings to Default. If that doesn't work then removing your User account from your computer and then re-adding it should give you a new profile. You should move the contents of your documents folder, desktop, etc to a backup so you can put them in the new profile.

I would go through this on one computer to verify that everything works as expected before trying it on other machines.

John Vellek

Message 7 of 12
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or if you need additional assistance or information. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Hi John,

Sorry for my late response, I was away for a few days. I'll try your solution today and report back. I ended up having to reinstall AutoCAD and the problem still persists.

Sylvain

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Hi John

After consultation with my IT department, we will have to remove & re-add my profile. But in doing so, I will loose any all the changes/customization that I made to AutoCAD Mechanical. Which files to I need to backup to keep all my changes? Can't seem to find any info on saving a workspace setup?

Thanks

Sylvain

Message 10 of 12
john.vellek

Hi Silvain,

Here is a link that shows how to export the workspace. For other settings, you can simply run the Reset to Defaults application and it will allow you to save your settings in a zip file.

I would use caution though as one of these settings might have caused the initial problem.  I would remove and then rebuild your user account and then run AutoCAD to see if everything behave properly before importing your existing settings.

John Vellek

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Hi John,

Just came back from holidays and my group reported no changes. They have not recreated their profile. I didn't have time to test the recreate profile before my holidays. When I came back on Monday I was able to publish a Pdf file by import a page setup with no problem as well as the rest of my group. But Tuesday - NO GO again!!! Early Wednesday morning one of my coworkers, Steve, tried with no success but when I came in later that morning I had no issue!! Then Steve tried again and everything was fine. B U T today, even opening the PUBLISH command takes a long time, as well as the import page setup. I then logged on to Steve's computer and I had no issues. He then logged back in his own computer, the problem still persisted!!!!!!

We are managed externally by our IT department that controls all updates of Windows 7 enterprise and Windows office and corporate software.

I'm hoping to upgrade to AutoCAD mechanical 2018 in a near future, but I don't think that it will resolve this problem?

Sylvain

Message 12 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

It sounds like this issue is not an AutoCAD one but perhaps something on the network is preventing this from working properly and consistently.

I suggest trying to test by removing a workstation from a network and performing a Reset Settings to Default. This will put AutoCAD in a factory-fresh state. Try to publish one of your local files to a PDF and import a Page Setup from a local file.

Please let me know if this works consistently.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report