Did you mean: 

importing layouts from other drawings

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
40299 Views, 18 Replies

importing layouts from other drawings

I have a drawing with 72 layouts in it.  I also have two drawings with one layout each, that I want to appear in the first drawing.  How do I import the layouts from one drawing to the next?  I found, in the autocad help, "to import layouts as sheets", but it does not seem to be what I need.  Any direction will be appreciated

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
steve216586
in reply to: Anonymous

Open the Design Center. Use the open drawings tab. Open both drawings. Make new drawing active. In Design Center drag the desired tabs into new drawing.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: steve216586

thank you, but how do I open the design center?

Message 4 of 19
dmfrazier

@Anonymous wrote:

I also have two drawings with one layout each, that I want to appear in the first drawing.

This might also be a case for using XREF.

Message 5 of 19
Patchy

Type in ADC, if it doesn't work, type ADCENTER

Message 6 of 19
steve216586

Type DC on command line.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Thank you very much for your help

Message 8 of 19
DRossger

Sorry I reply to an old thread, but I think a file with 72 layouts to copy in annother file looks unpossible. I have already problems with 18 layouts. ADCENTER works not good at all. My maschine chrashed often if I use them. Maybe it is better to work local as with server device. Other opnions ?

Message 9 of 19
bimninja
in reply to: DRossger

Right Mouse Click on your existing layout tab and hit "From Template"

at the prompt, scroll to you drawing with the desired layout tabs.

select the desired tabs and hit ok.

Thanks

BIM Ninja

Message 10 of 19
Pablomatic
in reply to: bimninja

Blam. 

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Hi,

I have a problem while copying the layout from one file to another. I have two different layouts in each file so when I tried to copy layout from one file to another, layout automatically change according to the file in which I am trying to copy. 

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: steve216586

Hi - That has worked for me in the past - on previous releases and a PC.  Now I'm on a Mac using R2019.  I opened both drawings; and in my active drawing, opened the design center.  I selected the other drawing and it's layouts.  But, when I try to drag one into the active drawing, it won't stick.  Any thoughts?  Dennis

Message 13 of 19
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

Any thoughts?

Post your question in the AutoCAD for Mac forum.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous

This shouldn't be marked that it has a solution. Manually doing all that for 72 drawings is not a solution. I'm having the same issue with 300+ drawings. There's no way i've found to apply a layout to all your drawings. Sounds like the most basic thing in the world. Have all your drawings print the same way and autocad can't even make it simple. So dumb.

Message 15 of 19
pendean

The customizations forums are over here if you need an ability not built into the program https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-customization/ct-p/AutoCADTopic1
Message 16 of 19
pendean

Did you lose track of your other log-in and that post? It is over here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/copy-layout-to-multiple-drawings-at-...

Message 17 of 19
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

This shouldn't be marked that it has a solution. 

That's for the OP to decide. Obviously, design center worked.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm having the same issue with 300+ drawings. There's no way i've found to apply a layout to all your drawings. Sounds like the most basic thing in the world. Have all your drawings print the same way and autocad can't even make it simple.

If your issue is about assigning plot settings to existing layouts, you are off topic. It is very easy to assign plot settings from one file to another and print them. If this is your issue, do a quick search or start your own thread so that you can mark the solution that works for you.

@Anonymous wrote:

So dumb.

Rob

Message 18 of 19
awhiteQ38RQ
in reply to: RobDraw

I see your comments on so many threads and you are always rude and never helpful, only condescending. 

Message 19 of 19
RobDraw
in reply to: awhiteQ38RQ

You're entitled to your opinion but really, what does that have to do with the subject at hand?

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report