Did you mean: 

import pdf files

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dennysbyhp
1520 Views, 5 Replies

import pdf files

using autocad 2018 i am trying to import pdf files so i can save as dwg.  each time i select a pdf file a window comes up saying only V7 and V8 DGN files are supported.????

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
john.vellek
in reply to: dennysbyhp

Hi @dennysbyhp,

Are you able to type in PDFIMPORT to bring the PDF into AutoCAD? Can you share the PDF so I can try on my side?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 6
imadHabash
in reply to: dennysbyhp

Hi,

there is two commands DGNIMPORT and PDFIMPORT ... please confirm that you're use pdfimport.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
dennysbyhp
in reply to: john.vellek

##- Please type your reply above this line -##after typing pdfimport i was
able to make things work. thx for the info
Message 5 of 6
gbuchs
in reply to: imadHabash

I am trying to import a pdf as well.  I go to the PDFIMPORT icon (under Insert) and choose file to select my PDF file.  I select Vector Geometry, Solid Fills & TrueType fonts.  I select all options under the "Import Options" and use PDF Layers.  I have tried selecting the image of the pdf and also not selecting the image.  When I select OK, I get an error message that says "No objects were imported".  I will admit this is the first time I have opened ACAD in a couple of years.  I work exclusively in Revit, so not sure what I am doing wrong.  Image attached.

Message 6 of 6
cadffm
in reply to: gbuchs

If you set "Raster Imager" Acad will import the whole content as Image.
But is it helpful for you?
I am pretty sure there is no vector datas in you pdf, nothing for conver.

- Sebastian -

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost