Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show 2D with Visualization Styles

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
592 Views, 6 Replies

How to show 2D with Visualization Styles

Hello I need your help – I’m doing a drawing in CADWorx and would like to know how I can do a get my 2D representation to look like the real thing, e.g. visual styles like conceptual, realistic etc. in paper space. You see I’m moving the 3D model and leaving the 2D one so it would be easy if others would like to edit it, but like I said I want the 2D rep. to look real?

@Anonymous, 
john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity:3D etc.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

What you are syaing doesn't make sense. It sounds like you are trying to make your 2D representation look 3D.

Could you provide some screenshots illustrating what you are trying to do?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 7
dgorsman

Not possible.  2DREP generates line work in the layout, which cannot have any shading.  If you want to keep the appearance in the drawing like with a shaded viewport but with the model detached you'll need to do some rendering and attach an image (but you'll still have an external file to reference).  My advice, leave the "fancies" to marketing - clients want "just the facts".  And possibly a Navisworks NWD file.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 7
john.vellek

Hi aspireeveryday

Welcome to the Forums!

CadWorx is not an Autodesk product but since it runs in AutoCAD it is good that you are visiting the forums. I don't know if the manufacturer has a similar resource but you might ask there too.

I suggest that as a work around that if you render your 3D to a 2d image of what you are trying to show then you could simply paste the image into your documentation. While this is an extra step or two it might get you the result you are seeking.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 7
john.vellek

Hi aspireeveryday,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 6 of 7
TheCADnoob

you can try applying gradient hatches and changeing the angles to 'approximate' the light throw, but that's probably way more work than its worth. 

CADnoob gradient.PNG

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta