Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up a default plotter in AutoCAD?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1010 Views, 6 Replies

How to set up a default plotter in AutoCAD?

Hi, I'm new to autocad and could use some help with this.

I did a search but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

We only print to one plotter (HP DesignJet T790) and on one page size (ARCH D).

Is it possible to set it up so when I go to plot those options are already selected along with our custom plot style?

I thought 'page setup' would allow me to save some sort of template but doesn't seem to transfer over when I open a new file.

Thanks in advance.

Scott.

@Anonymous

john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: How to set up a default plotter?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

print settings are saved in the drawing file. so there is no program level default.

open your drawing template and change it there.

if you have more than one drawing template, change each of them

then from now on your print settings will be ok when you are working in a drawing started from one of your templtes.

Message 3 of 7
maratovich

You will need to open all the old drawings and specify the correct size of the sheet. Then click the Apply button.
For new files, create a .dwt file in which you also apply this size.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Software development
Automatic creation layouts and viewport. Batch printing drawings from model.
www.kdmsoft.net
Message 4 of 7
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

If you have saved a named Pagesetup in one of your drawing files then you can open your template file, import the pages stup and resave the DWT template file.  Now, when you create a new drawing based upon the template, the page setup should be included.   You can also import the template into other drawings as needed.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 7
pendean

In addition to all the other posts, consider adopting this method too https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/AutoC...
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks everyone.

I've been working on creating a template so I will add that info in.

All the drawings I've been working on so far have been existing ones from clients or done by the previous guy.

Message 7 of 7
neaton

There is also a command called >>PSETUPIN<< to import existing page setups from another file to the current file. I use a script file to insert a page setup from an existing file to old files I need to update.

Nancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report