Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to publish different layout formats within a sheet set?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1034 Views, 7 Replies

How to publish different layout formats within a sheet set?

Hi everyone,

During last couple of weeks I've been learning about sheet set manager and I've decided to organize the latest project I've been working on in my office in sheets, subsets, with templates, attributed blocks etc. Also, what is important to know, is that here we don't place drawings on a single paper format, but rather have several paper roll widths defined and set the layout lengths according to the project needs. So, we often end up with various paper formats, as I have right now.

For example, I have 2 different paper formats for 7 drawings within one of the subsets: 5XA (297X640mm) and 2XB (297X900mm). When I try to publish these 7 drawings from this subset, it makes PDFs of only 5 of them, all A formats, but doesn't publish 2 B formats (the first drawing in this subset is A format). And when I select only 2 Bs, it makes PDFs with no problem.

I also tried Batch Plot and I get all the drawings, no matter the format, but I want to know where I'm wrong with the sheet set manager and publishing option.

Thank you for any help in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maratovich
in reply to: Anonymous

You must have customized print settings for each layouts.
Otherwise, you will get default parameters.
Sheet set manager does not develop, you have a special task, you need to use Lisp or third-party programs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Software development
Automatic creation layouts and viewport. Batch printing drawings from model.
www.kdmsoft.net
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: maratovich

So, the default parameters are the ones taken from the first sheet in the subset, that's why it plots only this format?

Message 4 of 8
ian.mag

Hey @maratovich ,

The best option would be to use the page setup overrides. That way, you can select what paper to print on what printer with the varied paper size that you have.

For example you can have one of your page overrides to print custom paper say 1100mmX594mm print out to PDF and so on. In short you can have endless custom papers of your liking, and when you want to print out you can select the pages and apply the page setup overrides.

In the screenshot below is an example of the one of the page setup overrides I use in one of my projects.

Sheet set publish.png

Please note that the page set up overrides are normally applied to a template file that you choose and shall always be present in that particular template file.

Are you familiar with the page setup override withing the Sheet Set Manager?

Message 5 of 8
GrantsPirate

In the Sheet Set Manager (SSM), pick publish and then pick the last option, Publish Dialog Box, select like drawings and set the pagesetup where indicated, do the same for the other sheets, save this setup so you can call it again later, publish away.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Yes, this can work like in between solution, mixture of publish and batch plot. But I was hoping I could publish it even more effortless, with one click. I will have to repeat the process as many times as there are different paper formats. Still, this way I can keep the advantages SSM offers. Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
GrantsPirate

You can set this up once in one .dsd file.  With publish window up you can select all the files use the Page Setup down button and set those to one sheet size - plotter - etc, then pick them all again, RMB, pick Copy Selected Sheets, select all of those and set them up to a different page setup, and so on, finally save that file for later use.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Yup, it worked! For the recap, this is what I did:

Down is my project organisation. Sorry bout the Cyrillic in the titles, but you'll get the point.

1. First, I opened all the templates I had:

- Site plan and Administration building drawings (1.0 to 1.7)

- Canopy drawings (2.1 to 2.8)

- Prefabricated cabin (3.1 to 3.6)

2. While in layouts (not in model space) I created PAGE SETUPS for all the formats within the templates, then saved the templates.

3. I opened the PUBLISH window, deleted model space from the Sheet List, then assigned newly made setups to all the sheets, set the PDF Preset to DWG to PDF (didn't work with AutoCAD PDF) and saved the SHEET LIST (.dsd file).

4. Publish went without error.

Thanks GrantsPirate! It's just 10:30 and I already feel like I've contributed enough for today.

sheet set manager.jpg

stefan.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta