Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make layers on model space be shown like on print preview?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cornersarchitecture
581 Views, 3 Replies

How to make layers on model space be shown like on print preview?

I've recently seen a video from youtube (30x40 Design Workshop), and I noticed him working on a model space with the layers being shown like on print preview, it is black and white, with his annotations on red (see image below). What settings should I change? I've already changed my background color into white, but I can't seem to figure out how to make my layers show the correct thickness and color (black) as if I was modeling on print preview - so I can save time on editing for my final plot. 

cornersarchitecture_1-1620466693317.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Your previous attached image is taken from a AutoCAD for Mac . In normal AutoCAD you can get such a preview by preparing a page setup  from PAGESETUP command and set it as current . Now by PREVIEW command you can get what you're asking for . 

Message 3 of 4

So it's not possible to show the preview on model space using Windows CAD?

Message 4 of 4

Full disclosure. To get the correct answer, an answer that will work, you need to provide more information. The minimum info you need to disclosed can be determined by uploading these screenshots:

1. A screenshot of modelspace
  2. A genuine screenshot of your actual print preview where you are NOT getting the correct colors. 
  3. A screenshot of the plot window (the entire windown, not just a portion of it) right before clicking Print Preview in #2 above.

I-ModelspaceI-Modelspace

2-Layout tab2-Layout tab

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost