Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create multiple layouts in AutoCAD?

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
mahimahi2742
22280 Views, 18 Replies

How to create multiple layouts in AutoCAD?

How to create layout..

@mahimahi2742

john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: layout

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Can you please clarify what you are looking for?  drawings by default have a model tab and a layout tab.  in the layout tab, to create a viewport (window into modelspace) you can use the MVIEW command.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 19
imadHabash
in reply to: mahimahi2742

Hi,

Right click on the exit layout button and select Creat New Layout OR press the PLUS (+) symbol near it. and if your Model and Layout tab doesn't exist in your screen type OPTIONS and tick this option. (see attached image).

fsdf.png

regards,

Message 4 of 19
GrantsPirate

Right click on a layout tab, pick New Layout.  If needing a copy hold Ctrl and drag a layout left or right to and release.

And if you normally need multiple layouts in a new drawing then create the new layouts in your template(s) so you only have to create once.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 19

How to create multiple viewport

Message 6 of 19
Kent1Cooper

Welcome to these Forums!

All right, I'll go for the overly-obvious question:  Did you try Help?  It has lots of information about this, and it's always best to go there first, and if there's something you don't understand there, or if what you find there doesn't work as you expect, then come here for assistance.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 19

the mview command can be used over and over to create multiple viewports, or you can copy existing ones.  as some of the other community members have posted, you can create additional layout tabs by right clicking on the layout tab that is there and selecting from one of the available optioimage.pngns

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 8 of 19
mahimahi2742
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thank you.
Message 9 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @mahimahi2742,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Viewports in a layout are super easy to use and can be extremely useful. I assume this is what you are asking about. Please correct me if I misunderstood your brief question.

If you click a Layout tab at the bottom of your AutoCAD window, you will open the layout and have the choice to work either in paperspace or in the model through a viewport. I made a quick video to show how you can create a viewport or more than one in a layout using the MVIEW command.

I also show how you can adjust the scale in a viewport using the Scale List and then how to apply overrides in just one viewport without it affecting others. Lastly I show how  a viewport can be locked to retain it's view of the model. I hope this helps.  If you are asking something else, please add some information to another post.

Just to be clear, you can also have multiple layouts that represent different pages in your drawing set. Each of the these layuouts in addition can contain their own unique viewports.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 10 of 19
alexpromd

how to create multiple layouts in autocad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzlVaJIfEs

Message 11 of 19
JohnB9JRLJ
in reply to: alexpromd

This is the command I am looking for but I do not know what it is in English, can you please translate? Thank you.
Message 12 of 19
alexpromd
in reply to: JohnB9JRLJ

It's a script to be loaded into autocad
The download link is in description of the youtube video

Message 13 of 19
alexpromd

Use Excel nad you can create multiple layout on horizontal and vertical positions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_RwX_34KhU

Message 14 of 19

Thanks it worked
Message 15 of 19
simeongb
in reply to: john.vellek

Hello this is way to fast for me to follow and doesn't have a verbal instruction,  is there anywhere around that is a bit easier to follow. ?

Message 16 of 19
maratovich
in reply to: simeongb

Maybe this will help you - AutoViewport 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Software development
Automatic creation layouts and viewport. Batch printing drawings from model.
www.kdmsoft.net
Message 17 of 19
simeongb
in reply to: maratovich

Hi Maratovich.
That was even more confusing and complicated but thanks anyway. The client will have to accept my drawing without one.
Once again thanks
Message 18 of 19
saifumk8

I wanted to share a helpful video with you regarding creating multiple sheet layouts in AutoCAD. Even though the question was posted years ago, I noticed that many people are still looking for answers and Google keeps directing them to that same post. So, I thought it would be beneficial to provide the best solution.

Here's the link to the video demonstration: https://youtu.be/elvMd1NUil4?si=F56Ukzo8l6omkOrd

Feel free to check it out and let me know if you have any questions. Happy AutoCAD designing!

In this video, I'm introducing you to the latest version of our Auto Layouts AutoCAD Plugin. This highly efficient plugin is designed to streamline the process of creating AutoCAD sheet layouts through automation. With the Auto Layouts Plugin, all you need to do is place sheet numbers in the ...
Message 19 of 19
Lisabrian
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Nice one Kent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost