Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert drawing, dimensions, annotations from metric drawing to a new arc. imperial

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
215 Views, 1 Reply

How to convert drawing, dimensions, annotations from metric drawing to a new arc. imperial

Hi,

I've tried researching and finding a few videos on how to copy, paste, scale or insert a template that I have from a metric drawing to a new imperial drawing. Unfortunately, the text and dimensions do not convert properly even if I manually change the scale of different parts in the drawing -the dim annotations read incorrectly and as metric still. 

Any tips? Let me know if there is any confusion with this as well... My solution, for now, is to keep the template pasted into my new drawing but just pull specific blocks or pieces and individually scale them when needed.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Click Here to see how to change your drawing units , and to change your dimensions unit to imperial and depending on your already used units ----> Type DDIM >> Primary Units tab >>  enter Inch in the Suffix box and set the Scale Factor to 0.0393 (there are 0.0393 inch per mm)  OR (there are 0.3937 inch per cm)  OR (there are 39.37 inch per m).

Imad Habash

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report