Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change ARC, SPLINE & POLYLINE to CIRCLE?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sarsivi30993
2508 Views, 3 Replies

How to change ARC, SPLINE & POLYLINE to CIRCLE?

Dear All,

I have some issues in pdf 2 cad conversion using AutoCAD software. Conversion successfully all objects is coming. But, circle objects only different properties (Ex. polyline, Arc, Line, Spline) coming not circle object.

I have attached that pdf 2 cad drawing for your reference.

Any shortcuts and lisp please tell and useful for me.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If you have arcs, they are easy to convert to circles - JOIN command and it should ask you if you want to convert to circle. However your drawing does not contain arcs, only splines and polylines.

To get arcs from splines, try the suggestion in this post. Once the spline is a polyline with arc segments, you can explode it to individual arcs. However they won't join into a circle unless they all; have the same centre point.

You've spent several days trying to convert these pdfs - I would go back to @TheCADnoob's suggestion from one of your previous threads. Ask the original creator for the dwg files. If they are working with you on a project, there shouldn't be any reason for them to refuse. However they seem to have made it as difficult as possible for these pdfs to be re-converted (exploding text to geometry etc). So maybe you should consider how much cleaning up do these file really need? Are you trying to edit them, or just reference them in your own drawings? You could maybe use your pdf-converted-to-dwg file as an xref if you wanted to keep file sizes down.

Message 3 of 4
rendermaster
in reply to: sarsivi30993

can you attach the pdf files....i just want to try something..

thanks

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

3D Generalist / Animator / Renderer/ Graphics Designer

Autodesk Student Ambassador Platinum
YouTube Channel l Linked l Facebook l Blogs

Message 4 of 4
TheCADnoob
in reply to: sarsivi30993

If you are going as far as to converting circles, i would stop doing that and do your self and your client a favor. 

I would go get (or make) a PIP block library and just replace the geometry with a block. This was when they go to update thier PIDs in the future it will be easier. 

https://www.pip.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/p_id-example.pdf?sfvrsn=febbc59e_2

I'd rather learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice

CADnoob.com |Facebook |Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Alumni EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost