Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you unblock a block without eliminating drawing?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
123922 Views, 6 Replies

How do you unblock a block without eliminating drawing?

I created a block and want to "unblock" it and keep it as a plain and editable drawing in model space as well as in paper space

How do you do this - the edit key only lets me edit the drawing and then returns it to the block image

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Use GROUP, you can add or remove any parts in a group when using PICKSTYLE (Ctrl+H) with a group.

Message 3 of 7
Kent1Cooper

EXPLODE it, not in the Block editor, if that's where you're trying to un-Block it, but out in the drawing where you can select it as a unit in the Explode command.  Or am I misunderstanding something?  It is possible in newer versions to define a Block so as to not allow Exploding, so watch for that.  I don't think that can be an issue if it's an external drawing file that you have Inserted as a Block in another drawing, but I can't tell from your question.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 7

like you said i have the newer version and i am not able to do so.. is there any other alternative?

Message 5 of 7
pendean

@ayisha.ambalavan we don't know what you mean, what can you not do, and what "newer" version is not letting you try the tips above? can you elaborate in more detail please?
Message 6 of 7
dbroad
in reply to: ayisha.ambalavan

Bedit the block. Open the properties palette. In the allow exploding property, choose "Yes" and save the block. Then explode the block insertions and optionally purge the block definition.

Generally exploding block references is a bad idea.  Why do you want to do it?

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 7 of 7
erietta1

Recently i used the burst tool to edit each segment of a block, and it didnt erase the entire thing like the tool explode did. Hope this helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost