Did you mean: 

How do you change cursor color in model space

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
59292 Views, 8 Replies

How do you change cursor color in model space

How do you change cursor color in model space.  I currently have model space background black, and the cursor box is black as well so can't be seen until it hovers over an object of a different color.  I would like to set it to yellow or red or white to make it visible.  Thanks for any advice.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: Anonymous

Options->display tab there is a button on the left for colors

I'll see if I can find a screenshot

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 9

Screenshot_20170415-175958.png

Hopefully it is easy to see, it's a screenshot from my team viewer session on my cellphone

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: chriscowgill7373

Thanks for the advice.  Crosshairs color won't change....I had been trying that.  I am able to change 2D background to a less dark grey so that the cursor shows up better.  Not sure why the cursor color won't change to what I am setting it to.

Message 5 of 9
chriscowgill7373

Can i get you to post 2 screenshots?  id like to see what you are describingwith your cross hairs, and id like to see your colors dialog box.

Another option you can try is in the bottom right corner of the status bar is an icon that looks like a blue speedometer. Right click on it and shut off hardware acceleration of it is on

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Crosshairs color won't change

There is more than just one crosshair color, have you changed all of them?

20170416_013124.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: chriscowgill7373

Hey Chris,

Not sure why but after changing the crosshair size of the cursor in options/display, and changing the background color back to black, the box in the center of the cursor which was black, turned to white......problem solved though I don't know exactly how or why. I did turn hardware acceleration off as you had suggested, and then back on again before changing the background color back to black.

Thanks Chris for your help.

Dave
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for your helpful input......it is helping me to become more familiar with those aspects of Autocad18

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Here is how to Change Mouse Pointer Size and Colour in Windows 10

1 click on the Settings icon on the Start menu to open the setting app.

2: Select the option Ease of Access.

3: Click on Mouse.

4: Under Pointer size, choose the size of the mouse pointer that you want to select and use.

Source:- http://merabheja.com/how-to-change-mouse-pointer-size-and-colour-in-windows-10/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report