Did you mean: 

HOW CHANGE COLER 0 ON XREF

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
wael.shaker
248 Views, 8 Replies

HOW CHANGE COLER 0 ON XREF

HI EVERY BODY ;

I GOT PROBLEM WITH MANY APARTMENT they put many element on layer 0 and change color to any color.

how can change that to color 8 and lweight  to 0.05 from script if it can or lisp .

so can prent it good

thanks; 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rculp
in reply to: wael.shaker

The REAL solution is stop placing components on layer 0 or DEFPOINTS and always leave components color bylayer.

In 2016 and above set XREFOVERRIDE = 1

But hey, that's just me.

Randall Culp
Civil-Structural Design Technician
(aka CADaver)
Message 3 of 9
imadHabash

Hi,

>> how can change that to color 8 and lweight  to 0.05 ... <<

change Layer 0 color and LW as you need (8,0.05) then active SETBYLAYER command and answer all the requests.to avoid any other problems in other layers you can isolate layer 0 by LAYISO command.

Good Luck..

Message 4 of 9
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: rculp

@rculp wrote:

In 2016 and above set XREFOVERRIDE = 1

... if  you also want those same properties assigned to Layer 0 in the host drawing.  Layer 0 is unique in that there is only one, even that of things on that Layer in any and all Xrefs -- they're all on the same Layer as those on Layer 0 in the host drawing.  Notice that if you call up the Layer Manager and ask it to show you all Xref Layers, there is no Layer called YourXrefdDrawingName|0, so you can't give that a different color or lineweight or any other property than Layer 0 has in the host drawing.

If you need Layer 0 in the host drawing to have different properties than what you describe for things on that Layer in Xrefs, then I think you're going to have to fix the Xrefs.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 9
wael.shaker
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

thank`s all for your attention 

but the command " XREFOVERRIDE = 1" come back all layer to default color after bind 😞

second

often drafting cant contact with him so i need method to change all color on layer " 0 " to " 8 for example " to print it good

i hope to reach this information to you

thaks   

Message 6 of 9
Kent1Cooper

@wael.shaker wrote:

... the command " XREFOVERRIDE = 1" come back all layer to default color after bind 😞

Yes, that's what it does [read about it in Help].  If you want that done only for things on Layer 0 in the Xrefs, you'll have to keep XREFOVERRIDE set to 0, and remove their color/etc. overrides in the Xrefs.  Either follow @imadHabash suggestion in Post 3 [which you can do easily enough, without any need for the original draftsperson], or move those things to other Layers and set those to appropriate colors, etc. [which you may want to have the original draftsperson do -- requiring them to do it will also be of great benefit if they later send updated versions].

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 9
wael.shaker
in reply to: imadHabash

>> how can change that to color 8 and lweight  to 0.05 ... <<

change Layer 0 color and LW as you need (8,0.05) then active SETBYLAYER command and answer all the requests.to avoid any other problems in other layers you can isolate layer 0 by LAYISO command.

Good Luck..

@imadHabash pls can you explain more Because " setbylayer " working with block
thanks 

Message 8 of 9
imadHabash

Hi,

>> can you explain more Because " setbylayer " working with block << 

SETBYLAYER command changes the property overrides of selected objects to ByLayer. this command exist to serve your need.just try to use it correctly and your issue will solved completely.

Good Luck..

Message 9 of 9
gotphish001
in reply to: imadHabash

I may be missing something, but why try to change the color of layer 0?  Can't you just take all the stuff you have on layer 0 and put it on a different layer with whatever color you want?  Use "Qselect" to select everything on layer 0 then just move it all to another layer you made.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost