Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I fill a shape with a concrete pattern?

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
bruce4444
19878 Views, 15 Replies

Untitled.png

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
jason
in reply to: bruce4444

@bruce4444 wrote:

Untitled.png

The command you're after is HATCH.

Message 3 of 16
john.vellek

Hi @bruce4444,

Type H and the Hatch tab will appear on the ribbon. From there you can scroll through the available patterns.  I suggest you try ar-conc. Once you select the pattern then select the CLOSED area to fill with the pattern.

If you need to adjust the pattern after it has been applied you can select it once to see the hatch tab again or simply use HATCHEDIT.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 16
bruce4444
in reply to: jason

How can I select the pattern?

Message 5 of 16
bruce4444
in reply to: john.vellek

I filled it with AR-CONC, but it does not look like the pattern.  It is solid.

Untitled.png

Message 6 of 16
john.vellek

Hi @bruce4444,  select the hatch you applied and then in increase the scale in the hatch edit on the ribbon 

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 7 of 16
bruce4444

Where can I change the scale?

Untitled.png

Message 8 of 16
john.vellek

Sorry but I am not near a computer. You should find the scale for the hatch in the hatch tab of the ribbon. If it hides from you then instead select the hatch you applied, rt-click and select properties.

EDIT:

Here are a couple of screen captures showing two places to change the scale of your hatch pattern.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 9 of 16
Kent1Cooper

I really think that if you just read about HATCH in Help, all your questions will be answered.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 10 of 16
bruce4444

I changed the scale from 1 to 1000 and it still looks the same.

Message 11 of 16
john.vellek

HI @bruce4444,

Can you attach a sample file for me? Certain patterns are designed for metric as opposed to imperial. I am guessing that if increasing the value didn't work then perhaps a smaller value. I would like to see your file to confirm this for you.

John Vellek

Message 12 of 16
bruce4444

The file is attached.

Message 13 of 16
john.vellek

Hi @bruce4444,

I am not sure what is going on in your file - bad headache, Friday afternoon.....

So, I copied your geometry into a new file and then hatched the footing and it showed up fine on the first try. Take a look.

John Vellek

Message 14 of 16
Patchy

Capture.JPG

Delete the background color

Message 15 of 16
bruce4444
in reply to: Patchy

How did you delete the background color?

In my drawing there is no background color.  It's just the color of my desktop.

Message 16 of 16
neaton

You need to scale the concrete hatch down not up. I changed it to 0.01 and the concrete hatch appeared.

Your dimensions are all exploded into separate line segments. If you used the dimension command instead of drawing all lines and text separately change DIMASSOC system variable to 2 to keep the dimension lines, arrows and text intelligent. Type DIMASSOC at the command line to change it.

I highly recommend Autodesk's Back to Basics videos to learn AutoCAD commands https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search?search=back%20to%20basics&p=ACD&sort=score.

Nancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost