Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Properties Palette seems to be blank when I select text to edit

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
spaulus
651 Views, 9 Replies

Help - Properties Palette seems to be blank when I select text to edit

I use to select text and then I was able to change the justification or size in the properties box, but I noticed today that it doesn't seem to be working.

I haven't tried this in a few months so I am not sure when it stopped.

I have read a few posts that seem to think that it is caused by A360?

I really don't like the idea of uninstalling and reinstalling autocad.

I'm using AutoCAD 2015.

Please help.

Thanks,

Steve

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: spaulus

Hi,

does the property window ignore every type of selected object or just text? So what happens when you select a line ... what does the property window show you?

One idea about property window ... we have to differentiate between "property window" and "quick properties". To identify what you are referring to exactly please select a text and then create a screenshot so we can see which window(s) you have visible and what you see in your property window.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
imadHabash

Hi,

>>  but I noticed today that it doesn't seem to be working. <<

what exactly the error you've got ? would you please show us an image for your issue ?

regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
spaulus
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

properties box.PNG

the only thing selected is the text.

Message 5 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

does that happen only for text-objects or also for any other types of selected geometry like line or so?

Did you uninstall A360 after you had installed AutoCAD?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 6 of 10
spaulus

Same thing on lines. I don't remember uninstalling A360, it is a pretty old version of Autocad 2014, not sure if it was before A360?

Steve

Message 7 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> it is a pretty old version of Autocad 2014

Yep, that statement was important "...AutoCAD 2014"!

First you mentioned AutoCAD 2015, and for AutoCAD 2015 I would not know such a behavior, but for AutoCAD 2014 there was an issue when uninstalling A360 that the property window did not work anymore.

Look to your Windows control panel ==> programs and functions if A360 is installed or not. From older threads the solution was then to uninstall AutoCAD and then reinstall AutoCAD (including A360).

But as you wrote that you did not uninstall it and current Windows updates do a lot to make software not working, maybe it was just a Windows update (Framework 4.7?) that was installed and so killed A360.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 8 of 10
spaulus

I don't see Autodesk A360 in my programs and features list, i do see microsoft .NET framework 4.6.1

Steve

Message 9 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

then I would recommend to follow that article >>>click<<<.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 10 of 10
spaulus

Thank you sir for your help. I have been hoping to not have to uninstall and reinstall. I set my AutoCAD up for work I do for a client and don't remember all the settings so I am afraid I am going to have to ask them for their settings again unless there are files I can save that have all my settings in them.

Thanks again,

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report