Did you mean: 

Hatching Issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
801 Views, 4 Replies

Hatching Issue

Unable to hatch when opening up an already existing dwg file. But when I make a copy of the file I am able to hatch without any problems.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, you have your solution - carry on working in the copy, and supersede the old non working version. If this is a recurrent problem, can you give us some more information so we can try to reproduce the error:

1. Is this just one file, or all your files?
  2. Can you share a file which has this problem?
  3. What exactly happens when you try to use the hatch command - do you get an error, does it have trouble selecting a boundary, does it seem to work but then no hatch shows up on the drawing?
  4. How are you making the copy which does work - just copying the file in windows, or saving as a new name from autodesk?
Message 3 of 5
beyoungjr

Is this occurring on all existing files or a specific one?  If only one file then post it.

Blaine

Blaine Young
Senior Engineering Technician, US Army

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

1. No it is only the files that my coworker had converted from Visio to AutoCAD.

2. No I can not share the file.

3. I am able to click the hatch command, and pick the color I want but it does not apply to hatch to any part of my drawing. 

4. I am just copying and pasting the drawing into a new drawing. 

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

You are copying and pasting to a new drawing, not just copying the file.

In the original file, check the FILLMODE value. If it is 0, then the hatches are being created and just not showing up. Change the FILLMODE to 1 in the original drawing and see if any hatches appear.

Note: FILLMODE also affects the way polylines that have width appear. With FILLMODE = 0, polylines with width will appear as a double line:

Fillmode=0. Hatch doesn't display, polylines show as double lineFillmode=0. Hatch doesn't display, polylines show as double line     Fillmode=1. Hatch & polylines appear normally.Fillmode=1. Hatch & polylines appear normally.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report