Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hatch question: controlling lineweight of pattern vs. background color

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jakeX37WG
259 Views, 1 Reply

hatch question: controlling lineweight of pattern vs. background color

We're toying with the idea of switching from .CTB to .STB, but I've come across an issue with hatches that I'm unable to manage in an .STB setup.

We often use an ANSI32 hatch with a background color as a cut fill on detail sections; in our .CTB environment, the lineweight of the diagonal hatch lines is controlled by the layer color, and the color we assign to the background fill is set to print at a very low screen (10-20%) so that it appears as a light gray. 

In an .STB environment, is there some way to manage both these graphic attributes?  We'd want our hatch pattern lines to be black, and our background color to come out as a light gray, as they have up until now.  The best solution (and it's not a very good one,) is for the hatch to use the 'Normal' plot style, with the hatch's line work as white/black and the background color as a light gray, the end result being everything prints as WYSIWYG.  The big problem with this is that it's visually jarring to look at large swathes of light gray on our screens, as everyone tends to work with a black background. 

Does anyone have a relatively straightforward workaround?  There are many reasons I'm enthusiastic about switching to an .STB setup, but being unable to control our hatches as outlined above would probably scuttle any chances of that happening.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jonathan3891
in reply to: jakeX37WG

Deleted my comment

Jonathan Norton
Blog | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost