HATCH pattern scale problem in any drawings

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Lucas_Defalco_Marcomini
61706 Views, 11 Replies

HATCH pattern scale problem in any drawings

Hello,

Sometimes, when i change the hatch scale, i have to insert a scale lesser then the usually scale, and i have more than one hatch patterns, with the same scale in the properties, but different scale if you look them(as the image bellow). Usually i COPY, and PASTEORIG for another drawing and this is solved.  Is there any solution to fix this problem in the same drawing? I'm not using annotative hatches.

hatches.png

Thanks

Lucas Defalco Marcomini

Lucas Defalco Marcomini
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

If they are different between 2 drawings, could be 1 is Metric and the other one is Imperial, eventhough they show same scale.

Message 3 of 12

Thanks for the answer.

I am use the same template, with metric system, for the booth drawings.

Lucas Defalco Marcomini
Message 4 of 12

Put a circle around the 2 hatches and attach your drawing, let's see why .

Message 5 of 12

Thanks for the Help.

The two hatches are insided on red revision Cloud.

Thanks

Lucas Defalco Marcomini
Message 6 of 12

Change your hatch angle and see what happens: use PROPERTIES
Message 7 of 12

If i change the angle, all patterns are displayed on the same scale, but the hatch spacing is greater than the normal, may i fix this?

Thanks

Lucas Defalco Marcomini
Message 8 of 12

Have you tried MATCHPROP instea of changing the scale.

Message 9 of 12

Yes, first of all i've tried use MATCHPROP, then, i changed the scale and pattern by PROPERTIES, so, using the booth, the scale is not normal.

Lucas Defalco Marcomini
Message 10 of 12

Here are some comments I found related to your issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We had this problem at our office as wel. It's probably caused by 2 computers using different hatch pattern files, or by mixing up imperial and metric hatch patterns files.

We fixed it by copying acadlt.pat and acadltiso.pat from 1 pc to all other computers in the office, to make sure we all used the same pattern file. This will also prevent the 'reading hatch pattern error' ( ?) from occuring.

It still comes up when opening old files and files from third parties do. "

MEASUREMENT and MEASUREINIT are set to 1 = metric but the current dimension style is architectural inches

AutoCAD Hatch Scale Problem

Problem

You have two drawings using the same hatch pattern name, to make the appearance match, one drawing has to have the hatch pattern scale approximately 25 bigger than the other.

Solution

AutoCAD has two hatch pattern files.  acad.pat (imperial) and acadiso.pat  (metric) The pattern that is used is determined by the setting of  MEASUREMENT variable when the pattern is first inserted.

MEASUREMENT 1 uses acadiso.pat  (metric)

MEASUREMENT 0 uses acad.pat   (imperial)

It would be good practice to set all your template files to the same setting

Below are extracts from the pat files. note the ratio between the files is 3.175/0.125=25.4, (1 inch is 25.4mm)

Acadiso.pat

*ANSI31, ANSI Iron, Brick, Stone, Masonry

45, 0, 0, 0, 3.175

Acad.pat

*ANSI31, ANSI Iron, Brick, Stone, Masonry

45, 0, 0, 0, 0.125

To update a pattern (option 1)

Set the MEASUREMENT variable to the chosen setting, select the hatch, right click pick properties pick scale, change value to anything and change it back again, this forces it to update and refer to the correct pat file.

MEASUREINIT Controls whether a drawing you start from scratch uses imperial or metric default settings.

Message 11 of 12

Thank you so much Andrew!

The problem has been fixed! Thanks for everyone who helps on this topic, this was very useful!

Lucas Defalco Marcomini

Lucas Defalco Marcomini
Message 12 of 12

Glad to see your problem was solved 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost