Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid is not changing to isometric but cursor is

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1858 Views, 3 Replies

Grid is not changing to isometric but cursor is

When switching to iso mode by going snap/style/Iso its changing my cursor to the iso angle and if I hit F5 it switches the different planes on the cursor but my grid is not changing to be angled anytime. It still is going horizontal on the screen, the spacing did go wider left to right but other than that no changes? What am I doing wrong, or what setting do I need to change? Thanks for the help
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

• Turn on your Grid (F7).
  • By using the ISODRAFT command, several system variables and settings are automatically changed to values that facilitate isometric angles.
  • Pressing F5, CTRL+E, or clicking the Isodraft tool on the status bar cycles through the isoplanes.
  • When you switch from orthographic to isometric drawing, the grid and grid snap will change from a rectangular pattern to a diamond pattern corresponding to the isometric angles.

fry.png

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
imadHabash

I forget to mention that ISODRAFT new tool have been lately added to AutoCAD 2015 and above.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
GrantsPirate

Right click on the grid icon, pick settings, down in lower left pick on Grid snap.  More than likely PolarSnap was set to on.  You might have to toggle the isodraft setting (picking on Iso icon) a time or two to get it caught up.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta