Did you mean: 

Graphic Acceleration Problem

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
chrisuco94
635 Views, 7 Replies

Graphic Acceleration Problem

I got a Dell Inspiron 7586 with a Nvidia GeForce MX150. My CAD apps fail all the time. Is not a version issue because I have tried AUTOCAD 2018 and 2020 as well. I also tried updates but nothing. I tried turning graphic acceleration on and off but still crashes all the time or works really laggy. When using AUTOCAD I even get blue screens with the next stop code: "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR" If someone could help me I would really appreciate it.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

>> When using AUTOCAD I even get blue screen

Blue screen nowadays means hardware defect or driver defect.

If the system is new then take it back to the shop.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisuco94

did you look up this error message?

its not related to Autocad or Autodesk

Message 4 of 8
chrisuco94
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, it only happens when I use AUTOCAD  or Inventor.

Message 5 of 8

Hi,

>> it only happens when I use AUTOCAD or Inventor.

Well, it happens in 2 different products.

Which other software are you running on your system with such a high graphic usage?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 8

those two only, and never at the same time.

Message 7 of 8

Hi,

>> those two only

And that's the reason, these 2 are the only ones really stressing CPU + GPU + memory.

So the chance to get errors with these applications is higher than just running word or so.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: chrisuco94

Friend, unlike you other programs, AutoCAD is going to find weakenesses in your video card and system and trigger crashes. It is hat type of software, it uses everything fully 100% of the time. In fact it is one of the best software out there to test failing hardware, it makes them crash.

Your blue-screen crash is a system weakness/failure: you need to take your hardware in for repair or replacement before you lose it all when the failure spread to other software.

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock... time is running out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost