Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GD&T Symbols not displaying properly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2229 Views, 7 Replies

GD&T Symbols not displaying properly

The symbols appear fine in the program dialog box, but on the drawing they are just letters. Help!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I guess it's the font you used, but to make sure it would be great to get the drawing so we can look into it's styles and settings.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
vladimir_michl

Your gdt.shx font file is missing or corrupted. It should be located here:

c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018\R22.0\enu\Support\gdt.shx

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz  www.cadforum.cz

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I'm not going to pretend that all this stuff is placed correctly. I am still learning GD&T, so please don't be harsh about my ability to use it. Worth mentioning, this file was created with Solidworks. The customer requires everything be available in .DWG for whatever reason.

Message 5 of 8
vmichl_cs

Well, this file is not a DWG format file (it has just a DWG extension) so anything can happen but the GDT symbols show up properly in my AutoCAD so I recommend to locate and fix the GDT.SHX file (should be placed in AutoCAD support path).

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: vmichl_cs

So I ran the repair function through the AutoCad launcher, and found the file shx file, but nothing has changed. Even when I generate a feature control frame in AutoCad, I still get the same result. I have installed AutoCad on my E drive, and not on my C drive. Is it maybe looking in the wrong place?

Message 7 of 8
vladimir_michl

Yes, maybe. This is why you should check the AutoCAD support path settings - see OPTIONS > Files > Support Search Path

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Here is a pdf with steps for OsX

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report