Did you mean: 

Freeze on save action

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
JardinReve
8911 Views, 8 Replies

Freeze on save action

After some time of work on a file, I can no more save. When I click on save or save as, autocad freeze and I have to kill the process. But the duplication file create as a routine each time I save is created. I had this problem on my last 2 files.

I try as a work around to save my work as a block using DWB, when I save I have an error message :

screenshot.jpg

So it seems a problem appeared on a nurb surface after some time of work. I had this problem on complex  or simple file.

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JardinReve
in reply to: JardinReve

I use autocad 2016.

Message 3 of 9
imadHabash

Hi,

I suggest to use PURGE and AUDIT commands and see if it's solved.if not please attache your CAD file here to check it for you.

Message 4 of 9
JardinReve
in reply to: imadHabash

I forgot to tell I tried Purge, Audit ... without result. And there is no Xref problem.

Herre is one of the file.

Tx.

Message 5 of 9
imadHabash

HI,

would you open attached new CAD file and see if the problem still exist or what.

Message 6 of 9

Hi,

>> And there is no Xref problem

What makes you sure about that?

When I open your file AutoCAD asks me to recover it, so there are some defects in the file.

Can you start command _ABOUT and show us a screenshot from that dialog. Up to now we don't know which product you are using, which version and which service-pack is active.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 9

Alfred, you have this error message due to the nurb error message, it made a recovery file and it's the one I sent.

About the Xref, I deleted all non reliable to test.

I opened the error file TEST and have same problem, freeze on save...

screenshot2.jpg

Message 8 of 9

Hi,

version "M 49.0" means you don't have any service pack installed, start with updating your product first. >>>click<<<

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 9 of 9

The update with SP1 solved the problem, I can save now.

Thanks a lot for your time !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost