Did you mean:Ā 

Frame shows when I clip xref in AutoCAD

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jahoffice10
3585 Views, 4 Replies

Frame shows when I clip xref in AutoCAD

When I clip my xrefs and create a new boundary, the rectangle shows on screen. The rectangles load in all my other drawings and xrefs. I'm trying to figure how to hide or remove rectangle but still keep xrefs intact. I'm taking an online  AutoCAD coarse and my teacher is away on vacation so any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Jeff

@jahoffice10

john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: external reference file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: jahoffice10

Read about the XCLIPFRAME System Variable.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @jahoffice10,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Did you try @Kent1Cooper's suggestion? If so, this should be fixed I think. If not, please explain where you are in the process and possibly share some sample files so I can take a look.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 5
jahoffice10
in reply to: john.vellek

Yes the suggestion did help. He pointed me in the right direction to
navigate the search menu. I found the solution I was looking for.
Thank you
Message 5 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @jahoffice10,

I am glad to hear that it worked. Iā€™ve just accepted the response to your post as a solution so that others can benefit from the information.

In the future, please click on the ā€˜Accept as Solutionā€™ button if/when relevant. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

ā€Boost