Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot the command to unite before the extrusion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gabriel.gineis
244 Views, 3 Replies

Forgot the command to unite before the extrusion

I'm sure there's a command that allows you to unite all separate lines before the extrusion so it can be extruded perfectly, is not the JOIN command because I have a part with a outer wall and a inner wall and I know that with this command I can select the surface and it will automatically close the figure. If anyone can help me with the command it would be really appreaciated!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Rather than Extrusion, have you tried PRESSPULL?  It doesn't require the bounding things to be joined together in any way.  I made this with a Circle for the inner "wall" and five independent Lines for the outer one [red].

Kent1Cooper_0-1717715659801.png

And the bounding objects don't even need to meet at their ends, as things would need to for Joining.  It can work with any bounded area, even if the bounding objects extend beyond:

Kent1Cooper_1-1717715710826.png

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 4
AVCPlugins
in reply to: gabriel.gineis

Yes, there is an OSL command from the AVC Outside Loop plugin that does much more work than a regular JOIN. This program was specially developed to quickly obtain optimized contours for further extrusion and obtain solids with a minimum number of faces.

Plugins for AutoCAD
A>V>C>
AppStore | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Blog
Message 4 of 4
tramber
in reply to: gabriel.gineis

It must be BOUNDARY that can produce polylines or regions (the only 100% guaranted for extrusions)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report