FlashForge Creator Pro, USB connection, and Print Studio

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
masterenol
13832 Views, 11 Replies

FlashForge Creator Pro, USB connection, and Print Studio

Hello everyone,

Can someone please help me link my FlashForge Creator Pro to Print Studio via USB cable? The FlashForge Creator Pro uses the same settings as the Makerbot Replicator 2 on ReplicatorG. I am able to print just fine using ReplicatorG, but Print Studio does not recognize my USB plugged-in 3D printer.

NoUSB.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: masterenol

Inventor user? Or something else? You should be posting there, this forum is for AutoCAD-software users only and Print-Studio is not an option here.
Message 3 of 12
masterenol
in reply to: pendean

I'm using Print Studio with AutoCAD 2017. There are no forums for Print Studio, so that's why I'm posting here.

Message 4 of 12
pendean

My error, you are printing 3D.

I will ask the folks around here to move you to the AutoCAD forum as this is more of a setup than a pur plotting issue.
Message 5 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @masterenol,

I will ask around internally but when I look at the PrintStudio documentation it does not list your printer as one that is supported. I suspect that is why you are having problems getting it to connect.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 12
masterenol
in reply to: john.vellek

Great thanks!

The Flashforge Creator Pro is a clone of the Makerbot® Replicator® 2.

I print just fine on my Flashforge Creator Pro with Print Studio by using the Makerbot Replicator 2 profile, creating a print file, and exporting the file to an SD card.

Exporting to an SD card makes thing very inefficient for me, especially since I rely on AutoCAD for my 3D Print designs. 

Thank you for all your support and I hope AutoDESK can help us Flashforge users!

Message 7 of 12
john.vellek

HI @masterenol,

This sounds like a great way to get it working. Thanks for your contribution!

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 8 of 12
aesdaile.b

I'd be a little bit cautious with your settings... the Flashforge Creator Pro is a clone of the Makerbot Replicator Dual, not the Replicator 2. There are probably small differences in the firmware between the two printers.

I have a FFCP; it is definitely a clone of the Dual model. This is probably why it won't work over USB. Also I suspect the the Makerbots tend to use the 'Marlin' firmware, FFCP uses 'Sailfish' or at least mine does. Again, they should be compatible, but YMMV.

All that said, I'm interested to try the FFCP with Print Studio, I'll give it a whirl over the weekend.

Message 9 of 12
masterenol
in reply to: aesdaile.b

"the Flashforge Creator Pro is a clone of the Makerbot Replicator Dual, not the Replicator 2"

Ah, no wonder I could not find the settings for the second extruder. Thanks for this very helpful info! Hopefully if Autodesk updates PrintStudio so that it is compatible with Makerbot Replicator Dual, it will also be compatible with the Flashforge Creator Pro.

Message 10 of 12

So my question is if the FlashForge Creator Pro is compatible with autodesk? I am a new user and I'm looking to invest in a 3D printer and I think the FlashForge Creator Pro is the one I'm just doing some research.

Message 11 of 12

I'm using Autodesk Fusion 360 and Trust me, spend the time to get to know it. Just spent the last 10 hours (FIRST TIME USER) creating my spool holder and it's pretty cool! Although I will be dropping 150-200 on simplify3d ( WORTH IT) pretty quick here. Fusion 360 is free for students and they have a trail period etc etc. FFCP is a beautiful machine and I have not stopped printing. 1 jam , due to myself jamming the ink in and although they say that ABS is best for this printer, I beg to differ, PLA all the way. AMZD3D from Amazon prints wonderful!! Good luck!!

Message 12 of 12
intike.gc

Hi, Did someone found the solution to this problem?

I would like to use this before i consider buying Simplify3D.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost