Did you mean: 

Find AEC Objects

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
bsanada
11074 Views, 13 Replies

Find AEC Objects

I am attempting to run a script on a drawing and have qsave command at the end.  I am getting the following warning "You are trying to save AEC objects to a previous version file format. This is not permitted."  Which I am assuming my drawing contains AEC entities. I am planning to use the exporttoautocad command to strip the drawing of AEC entities, but before doing so I would like to find these entities and see what they are.  Is there a way to filter for AEC entities and select them?

Thanks,
Brad

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
john.vellek
in reply to: bsanada

Hi Brad,

You should be able to Qselect to look for AEC Proxy objects (ACAD_Proxy_Entity). Please post your results.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 14
bsanada
in reply to: john.vellek

That was the first place I tried, but nothing shows up in the list.  I checked from both paper space and model space.

Message 4 of 14
jggerth

AEC Objects can be non-printable, non-visible, non-selectable-- just data used by the vertical.

If you can't select them, simply run the export, and then review the drawing to see if anything is missing.

Message 5 of 14
john.vellek

Hi Brad,

I am following up to see if my post or others helped you with your problem.
Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 6 of 14
bsanada
in reply to: jggerth

Since I am unable to select any AEC items using qselect, I assume this item is not selectable.  I'll do as JGerth suggested and move forward with the exporttoautocad and compare versions to make sure everything is still there.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

The option doesn't show up in list.  So this I guess means they are "hidden".  How can I "unhide" and then search?

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

exporttoautocad generates an error that indicates I should run recover which doesn't find any errors.

Message 9 of 14
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Is it possible to attach a sample file or I can give you a way to get it to me privately?

John Vellek

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

Sure John.  New to forum.  If I attach to reply is that "private" or would you like email?

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

Smiley Happy hi, brad, I think you need a very tiny plugin, to check any "hidden" AEC objects in your current drawing. Or you can write such a tool for yourself if you write code. You can use a "AcDbBlockTableRecordIterator" class if you use ObjectARX. It's a small thing of about 10 minutes, and if you don't mind ,we can make it for you , it's totally free. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you want such a personalized tool. Thanks.

Message 12 of 14
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I got the file that resulted from the ExporttoAutoCAD.

When I open it in AutoCAD 2018, AUDIT finds 4 errors. I will ship it back to you and you can let me know if it behaves properly for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 13 of 14
fkellogg

I find that if the drawing does not contain any of a type of object, that object type will not show up in the qselect list.

Therefore, if there are no AEC Objects, there's no need to worry?

Am I wrong on this?

I just moved to the full Factory Design Suite 2019, but mainly use AutoCAD and Inventor, and keep seeing this message:

AEC Warning.jpg

When I do a qselect on that file, no AEC Objects show up in the list.

What's the best option?

Why does the dialog box not give any choices, like in Windows, when you copy duplicate files to a folder, and you can choose to overwrite or save a second copy?

CFK

Message 14 of 14
RobDraw
in reply to: fkellogg

@fkellogg wrote:

I find that if the drawing does not contain any of a type of object, that object type will not show up in the qselect list.

Therefore, if there are no AEC Objects, there's no need to worry?

Am I wrong on this?

I just moved to the full Factory Design Suite 2019, but mainly use AutoCAD and Inventor, and keep seeing this message:

AEC Warning.jpg

When I do a qselect on that file, no AEC Objects show up in the list.

What's the best option?

Why does the dialog box not give any choices, like in Windows, when you copy duplicate files to a folder, and you can choose to overwrite or save a second copy?

CFK 

Those AEC objects are probably in the libraries that are stored in .dwgs saved in the vertical products that use them. If you are not saving your files to a previous version, then you have nothing to worry about.

If you are not using AEC objects, then you have nothing to worry about.

If you want to get rid of AEC objects there are a few ways to do this.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report