Did you mean: 

Field for Custom Sheet Set Properties not working

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
s.proch
900 Views, 4 Replies

Field for Custom Sheet Set Properties not working

Hi all! So I am updating our title block and adding Fields to the reference box. There are already 4 references (REF-01 to REF-04) that work perfectly but when I add 4 more, they don't work. I have Sheet custom properties set up for 8 references, but the drop-down menu doesn't show anything when I try to add those properties to the Field. Any idea why that is? I tried to manually type in the Property name (REF-05) but when completed it only shows ####. 

I attached some screenshots.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pkolarik
in reply to: s.proch

Is the file that your titleblock resides in currently in a sheet set itself when you're trying to add fields to it? If I recall correctly, the file you're editing has to be be in a sheet set in order for it to pick up the newly added fields.

Message 3 of 5
handjonathan

Hi @s.proch 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Has the solution suggested by @pkolarik  helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 4 of 5
s.proch
in reply to: handjonathan

I haven't had a chance to check yet! Will update as soon as I try! Thank you

EDIT: Okay it worked! I imported my layouts to a sheet set and then the field/attribute definitions worked fine! Thank you @pkolarik 

Message 5 of 5
BMurielLKTBD

I had the same issue, it worked when I copied the text with the field on a layout included in the sheet set. The Custom Property drop down was coming up as blank in the model space despite the DWG being included in the sheet set.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report