Did you mean: 

Fence Option not working for Selection

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rblowers
3254 Views, 8 Replies

Fence Option not working for Selection

The fence option in selection is not working correctly when using dynamic input turned on.  However, when I use the keyboard or command line options the fence option works just fine.  It does not work in 2016, 2017 and now 2018.  If you try to use it through your dynamic input options, it causes AutoCAD to crash or open up a send feedback screen in my browser.  I have attached images.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
john.vellek
in reply to: rblowers

HI @rblowers,

Can you make a quick Screencast that shows your steps? I would like to duplicate this behavior.

Also, what is your OS and Graphics Card (and driver)? I am curious if Hardware Acceleration might be part of this.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @rblowers,

Did you resolve your issue? If not, I would like to know more about your hardware configuration, OS, and your exact AutoCAD version (type ABOUT at the command line).

Also, if you could prepare a quick video it would be most helpful.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 4 of 9
Vinayv4v

Hi,

Check out the PICKAUTO Variable.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-7BAAA374-8409-4296-B520-C5355941C836

Lasso.JPG

Check if this resolves your issue regarding the fence selection.

Crashing Issue, you have to check for updates in GRAPHICSCONFIG.

Cheers,

Vinay Vijayakumaran

Message 5 of 9
cadffm
in reply to: john.vellek

@john.vellek

I'm not rblowers, though - try it yourself, over the last years the same [EDIT]"Problem"[TIDE]

The right Topic is: Select-Option of implied-windowing, by dynamic input mode

1) Start the implied windowing (Pickauto=[edit]5[tide]), Leftclick in the DrawingWindow, without an active command (like pic *48.png).

2) enter Select-Option by pressing Downwards arrow Key[Keyboard ArrowDown Key],

3) select one of the three Options.. fail

4) Perform your object selection

5) confirm/end your selection

and?

Your last null-Input to confirmation the Objectselection(rightclic/Enter/Space),

a) don´t create an gripset,

b) but restart the last-command

edit-comment / Posting is overlapping with Vinayv4v, sorry

- Sebastian -
Message 6 of 9
cadffm
in reply to: cadffm

Additional

Sorry John.V, as described, you can replicate A problem of AutoCAD,
however, Acad should NOT crash. (This is especially for the Threadopener)

But even without crash - There is an unclean process at Acad over this way and Pickauto Bitcode 4 is set (Pickauto is set to 5 or 7).

- Sebastian -
Message 7 of 9
john.vellek
in reply to: cadffm

Hi @cadffm,

What do you mean by crash? My AutoCAD does not crash during any part of this operation.

I was able to replicate this issue in AutoCAD 2017 where using the down arrow to pick fence during the selection set capture does allow the fence line to be drawn on screen but does not select the appropriate objects.  This can be worked around by using the F key for starting the Fence option.

I will report this issue to QA. Thanks @rblowers for the catch!

John Vellek

Message 8 of 9
rblowers
in reply to: john.vellek

John,

Thanks for looking.  I did not get my AutoCAD to crash after I posted this.  Since I posted this, I have tried this out with my co-workers with the same result minus the crashing.  Also, the same thing happens in Civil 3D.  There is something wrong when using the dynamic input selection options method.

Message 9 of 9
rblowers

Thank you everyone for looking and answering.  The crash issue was my fault.  In addition, the other options do not work either.  I also tried this in Civil 3D with the same issue.  I wanted to make sure I was not the only one having this issue.  I am not sure how to contact Autodesk about this, but you guys probably do.     

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost