Did you mean: 

Extend Command

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
davinder_shergill
798 Views, 12 Replies

Extend Command

I am using extend command to extend one line to another.  It appears the line has been extended to the other line.  However as i zoom in you can see the line are not joined. 

See video.

What could be the reason for this?  Many thanks if you can provide assistance.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
cadffm
in reply to: davinder_shergill

Hi,

>>"What could be the reason for this?"

Too tiny geometry, too far away from wcs0,0,0,

wrong assumptions or your verification is simply wrong (for example, edu simply zooms in too close)

Share a sample 1 dwg "before" and one dwg "after" using extend

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 13

No video.

Are the "lines" actually Line entities specifically?  If, for example, the thing you're Extending to is actually an Arc or Circle or Polyline arc segment or Spline or Ellipse, it could be that REGEN after Zooming in will "fix" the display.  If it does, use the VIEWRES command, answer Yes to the question, and set the circle zoom percent higher [may as well go all the way to the maximum 20000].

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 13
davinder_shergill
in reply to: cadffm

Betreff many thanks for your response.
I have found out  issue  is not with being too far from wcs 000.  I moved the objects to 0,0,0 and issue problem still there.  In fact some lines are not extending at all and trim command also not working with some lines.  The snap points are also nowhere near the end points of alot of the lines.  
I have copied this from somewhere, this appears to be causing the problem.  Alot of grouped and blocked objects from looks of it.  Will continue to investigate.  
Message 5 of 13
pendean

@davinder_shergill wrote:
...Will continue to investigate.  

REGENALL command can be used to fix a display issue, confirm that is not what is going on first.

After that... make sure this variable is turned off:

pendean_0-1718627875738.png

Message 6 of 13

Hello Kent,

As soon as you zoom in you can see the line jump either side i want to extend it to.

Also some lines i am clicking  on are not extending at all to a particular line. 

I've tried REGEN this doesn't work.  all the items i am extending to are lines.

Thanks

Message 7 of 13
cadffm

Again, I think you are zooming to much in, or your object data&setting doesn't match your needs.

easily to check if we have one or both files (one with state before and the other one with the state after extend).

We don't know your object data and PROJMODE setting and we can not check it by a video or pictures.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 8 of 13

Are you in PLAN view and are the parts all in the same plane?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 9 of 13
davinder_shergill
in reply to: cadffm

Many thanks cadffm.

I have checked PROJMODE is 1.

have attached file 1.  this shows line i wish to extend and line to extend to before extending.

file 2 i have attached shows line i have extended to line extended to (same lines as file 1).

i have other files and when i extend one line to another and zoom in  using scroll bar they show as being joined.  Interestingly though the last two scrolls on the mouse on other file the lines disappear whereas as the files above they still show but not showing joined.  

i have already noticed issues in other files where lines not joined using same details.  however this has not proved to be much of a problem due to issuing at scale of 1:50 where this cannot be noticed.  however if i am providing the cad files to someone it is not good if lines are not showing connected.  Thanks again

Message 10 of 13

You are about halfway to the Sun from here, if your drawing unit is only a millimeter:

Kent1Cooper_0-1718642442491.png

That can't be good.  But even with that, when I open your after drawing, the Line is extended correctly to the other, without overshoot as in your video.  It doesn't matter how far in I Zoom.  [At certain Zoom levels, yes, the longer line becomes invisible, but it re-appears when I keep Zooming farther in.]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 11 of 13
cadffm

Hi,

not far away from wcs0,0,0 ? This is the half way to the sun, isn't it far away?

Z=77769200 km(?)

But the only problem is your Zoom, you'are zooming to much.

In older days, where 'regenmode'-Regenauto was turned OFF, you never saw this -

because you never tried to look at the lines on a molecular level

Your gap is ~0.00000087325055mm(!)

What is usual, exspecially while you are so fahr away from wcs0,0,0

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
cadffm
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

@Kent1Cooper wrote:

You are about halfway to the Sun

😂🤣 the same thought, rofl 😅

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 13 of 13

Ok i see.

What's happening im copying and pasting elements from someone else, a senior. sometimes as in this instance.   They use Turbocad.  It on layer 0 for files i sent over. to be honest  i often cannot snap to alot of the points when working directing on their file..   i have checked the origin file  it is showing that same z coordinate for all of their lines. 

i had pasted their objects into separate file.  ok even when im drafting myself it will use there z coordinate.  i do not enough about co-ordinates then.  but thank you guys for your help.  look likes got to bottom of issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report