Exporting XY coordinates

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1755 Views, 5 Replies

Exporting XY coordinates

Hello all!

I am having a little problem with exporting xy coordinates in autocad 2019.  I am trying to export the coordinates from the origin that I have specified in my drawing.  I'm using the Data Extraction command which works but it uses the default WCS and not the origin that I created.

Any input on this is much appreciated.  Thanks!   

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

Because the command extract the object data and your origin or current ucs doesn't changes the data of the objects.

You need to find a way to get what you need.

Move all objects before 

or create a block from all objects and set the basepoint to your origin.

There are more then one way, but no oneclick solution or setting.

Sometimes it is easier to do this in the excelfile (if you export to excel).

Sebastian

Message 3 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

.... or after you have set your UCS you can run command _COPYBASE (from 0,0,0) and _PASTECLIP to copy your geometry from UCS-coordinates into a new drawing in WCS coordinates. Then run command _DATAEXTRACTION from that new drawing.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred.  That solved one issues but then created another.

So now that I have extracted the data I need I am trying to put it into a excel spreadsheet.  When I create the link and try to match it says that because some of the values are not unique I cannot export the data.  Some the the XY coordinates have the same Y plane because they are all in a line.  Only the X coordinate changes. 

Is there a work around for this?   

Thanks! 

Message 5 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I have extracted the data I need I am trying to put it into a excel spreadsheet

Command _DATAEXTRACTION can already create an XLS/XLSX file, so no need to "put it into a spreadsheet".

>> When I create the link and try to match it says that because some of

>> the values are not unique I cannot export the data

Sorry that I don't understand this.

What matching are your referring here? Can you describe the steps you are going and show screenshots of what you are getting?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I am not sure what the matching does.

I was trying to link the Data Extracted to specific cells into my current spreadsheet.  I just copied and pasted the data from the excel sheet that DATAEXTRACTION made to my excel workbook.  It's a couple more steps but it works just the same. 

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report