Did you mean: 

Export every layer to a .dxf file

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2328 Views, 7 Replies

Export every layer to a .dxf file

Hello,

I'm working with a file with a lot of layers and I need to save each layer in a different file. I was wondering if there is a quick and automatic way to do this.

Let´s say I have a ".dwg" file with 20 layers, I want to end up with this ".dwg" file plus 20 ".dxf" files.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I would need to write something like that, but I don't know any tool that can do that.

Just one question to that: if a block exists in the dwg-file, the block is inserted on layer "A", the block contains geometry on layer "B" and "C", what do you expect when exporting all that sits on layer A?

Also interesting, what is the background information to that question, why is that needed.

Also maybe helpful: which AutoCAD version (and vertical if it is one) are you working with?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

I would need to write something like that, but I don't know any tool that can do that.

Just one question to that: if a block exists in the dwg-file, the block is inserted on layer "A", the block contains geometry on layer "B" and "C", what do you expect when exporting all that sits on layer A?

Also interesting, what is the background information to that question, why is that needed.

Also maybe helpful: which AutoCAD version (and vertical if it is one) are you working with?

- alfred -

Hi Alfred,

I use a software that requieres as input dxf files, since AutoCAD's versatility I normally do my drawings there (mostly consisting in points, lines, closed polylines, xline and some raster images). I don´t use blocks, but in my little knowledge what I do is I freeze the layer I want in the dxf file, Ctrl+A and delete all objects except for the frozen layer, then I save the remaining drawing as a dxf file, then repeat for the rest of the layers.... This is an OK process when I have a file with 6 layers... But sometimes I have to create files with 40 layers or more, and doing this process one by one is time consuming, not to say very tiring.

I hope this explanation answers your question or at least hints you in what I'm trying to do.

Message 4 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

there exist already some discussions about that, maybe they can help you already >>>click<<<

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Alfred,

I will check that and see how it works for me.

I will be back with the feedback, thanks.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

there exist already some discussions about that, maybe they can help you already >>>click<<<

- alfred -

Alfred,

This is a great tool and it does what I want to do, except it just splits my file into multiple dwg files instead of dxf files. Do you think there might be a way to crack the code of this app and switch it from dwg to dxf instead.

Message 7 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Do you think there might be a way to crack the code of this app

First at all: I don't crack anything or anyones code!

If you know a vendor of that code please ask him.

If you simply want to convert DWG to DXF after they were splitted you might other tools to do that afterwards or to use something like >>>ScriptPro<<< to do that.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks fo your time, Alfred

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report