Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Spreadsheets 2010 not loading into AutoCAD now that we have upgraded Excel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DarrenLowe5325
282 Views, 4 Replies

Excel Spreadsheets 2010 not loading into AutoCAD now that we have upgraded Excel

We insert Excel spreadsheets into AutoCAD.

We use Excel 2010. Copy the spreadsheet into clipboard. In AutoCAD - Edit / Paste Special / Paste Link.

Last week we upgraded to Excel 2016 and although the spreadsheets show up in AutoCAD any changes to the spreadsheet do no update into AutoCAD.

We repasted using Excel 2016. That works. But that is going to be a lot of work to repaste all of the projects.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: DarrenLowe5325

AutoCAD is still referencing Excel2010 most likely, Excel20216 never picked up those "hooks": did you uninstall Excel2010 before you installed Excel2016?
Message 3 of 5
DarrenLowe5325
in reply to: pendean

When I double click the spreadsheet within AutoCAD, it opens Excel 2016. I make the change. The change is reflected in AutoCAD. Perfect.

When I open the spreadsheet from windows and make the change. Then I go into AutoCAD and Edit / OLE Links / Update Now. It doesn't update the spreadsheet. But when I close AutoCAD and reopen AutoCAD the change is made.

Message 4 of 5

I came across this. Interesting to note is that they suggested closing AutoCAD and reopening it as well.

Re: Excel ole links having display issues after 2018 upgrade

03-05-2018 07:57 AM in reply to: dwayne.mcmillian

Did you ever get anywhere on this?  We have been having lots of weird problems with PASTESPEC - LINK to excel spreadsheets lately.    Mostly using MEP2018 and latest version of Excel on Win10Pro.  

For one, if you open Autocad sheet with existing OLELINKS FIRST and then open Excel and make changes and save excel, Autocad is not updated.  If you then, close AC and reopen your dwg, the changes are there.

I noticed in the OLELINKS command Change Source dialog box shows defined ranges (called Item Name)with weird notation that do NOT correspond to Excel range , AND that if you edit that range, good luck.   Here is one example after pasting... Sheet1!R1C1:R22C19  ?? Should be Sheet1!A1:R22.   So, if I edit it, and try to click the Open button (which is how you save your changes in this dialog), message pops up that it is an Invalid Source: Do you want to correct it?.  If I click No to ignore this message, the Item Name changes to 

Sheet1s\ECA\ENVOYPH2\VRF indoor units.xls\A1eet1s\ECA\ENVOYPH2\VRF඀庘ȩ\R22

Hoping the kanji(?) characters are not a cuss word, altho that would be appropriate.

If I use a defined name range, it accepts that (e.g, PrintArea) and often the pasted xls is distorted in ACad until I type OLERESET. 

All in all, PASTESPEC is definitely not working as expected for us.  

Message 5 of 5

Anybody else with a better solution than closing AutoCAD and reopening it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report