excel paste special problem

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
fbonito
7040 Views, 9 Replies

excel paste special problem

hello,

i usually past excel sheets in autocad with the paste special > excel command, but in the new autocad 2017 there is no "excel" option in the paste special program (in 2016 it works great).

i can still paste has a OLE object, but this object has several problems, it doesn't print correctly, can't be edited, etc.

what can i do?

regards

filipe bonito

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: fbonito

Hi,

when you have the dialog of paste-special in AutoCAD, do you see an item "TS" like I have it?

20161222_1245.png

What happens when you use that? It looks like it works the same way, just has the incorrect name in the list.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
fbonito
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

hello,

yes the TS options was my first guess, but one problem with that options, in some cases, when i plot the excel table plots upside down... strange...

Message 4 of 10
fbonito

well,

i tried a different approach, if i use the paste special > ts it assumes the OLE has a excel worksheet, and if i simple paste (crt+v) it also assumes the OLE has a excel worksheet, and it works fine.

the upside down problem that i have is that, when rotating the UCS the OLE doesn't follow the rotation, that's why it was plotting updside down

Message 5 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> but one problem with that options, in some cases, when i plot the excel table plots upside down... strange...

Plotting is always strange with OLE-objects, independent of the source.

In case you need to plot tables I would prefer to use an AutoCAD table with a link to the XLS instead of using copy & paste from an Excel-content.

20161222_1307.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 10
fbonito

perfet alfred 🙂

Message 7 of 10
Kiko-ita

Hi my issue instead is that when I do paste special in that window I don't have any options anymore except TS that link to my last file I used and I cannot find the way to point to a new file...any idea? Thanks

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I too was having this issue. Got used to selecting "EXCEL" when pasting special.

What the hell does Ts even stand for/mean?

All that space to write a proper description and Autodesk decides to replace "EXCEL" with "Ts"?

Doesn't make much sense to me. If anything, all that did was cause confusion for people.

Message 9 of 10
EricStiles

If you don't need your table linked to the original Excel table and just want a table in autoCAD, keep in mind you can PASTE SPECIAL and use the "AutoCAD Entities" option.

Message 10 of 10
Bula2

My problem is that I can't paste Autocad drawing into my Excell File, Has anyone had the same problem? If so can it be done.?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost