ERROR: "Error handler re-entered. Exiting now." Upon AutoCAD 2016 Startup

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
aubree.pawlik
14985 Views, 2 Replies

ERROR: "Error handler re-entered. Exiting now." Upon AutoCAD 2016 Startup

Hello All,

As of this week, upon launching AutoCAD 2016, I immediately (less than 30 seconds) receive an error message that states "Error handler re-entered. Exiting now.". I have been using AutoCAD 2016 for awhile and have not had issues until this week. I have attached a PDF that shows screenshots of the error with details as well as my basic laptop build information.

This error comes up almost immediately after the program is launched and upon clicking "OK" in the error message box, the program closes. I can cheat this by putting the error message box in the lower corner of my screen and continue to use the program.

I have reset my AutoCAD settings to default and this has not helped resolve the issue. My laptop has shutdown and been restarted several times which also has not helped.

Any tips or tricks on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

-Aubree

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: aubree.pawlik

This offers more tips to do than just a reset https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCA...

You probably also need to test with a new Windows log-in with an account that has full admin rights.
Message 3 of 3
aubree.pawlik
in reply to: pendean

Thank you Dean!

I did an uninstall/reinstall of AutoCAD 2016 (as listed as a solution via one of the links you provided) and I haven't received the error message.

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,

Aubree

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost