Enhanced attribute editor: Adding Tags

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
hyldahl82
9179 Views, 8 Replies

Enhanced attribute editor: Adding Tags

Hi,

How do I add extra tags to the enhanced attribute editor and will they also appear under drawing properties?

It's in regards to out title block, where we would like to add some extra fields

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cadffm
in reply to: hyldahl82

You can not add Attributes to  a blockreferenz with eattedit.

You have to add a new Attribut definition (command ATTDEF) to the Block definition,

after this you can update your existing Blockreferences(there attributes) with command ATTSYNC.

(Not: Attsync delete all individiual properties except the Attributvalue of attributes)

command BEDIT

ATTDEF

after this: ATTSYNC

- Sebastian -
Message 3 of 9
dmfrazier

To expand on @cadffm's advice...

To add attributes ("tags") to a block definition, edit the block (you can use BEdit, but I prefer RefEdit when I'm not editing a dynamic block), and add a new AttDef.  Once added, the new "tag" will appear (assuming it's visible) in any new inserts of the block, and it will appear in the Properties palette under Attributes (for those new inserts), but not for any existing inserts until after you run AttSync (which synchronizes all inserts with the current block definition).

After adding the new "tag", you might want to re-order the attributes so that they are listed in the attribute editor in a logical sequence. The BattMan utility ("command") is handy for this.

Yes, the new attribute(s) . For any

Message 4 of 9
dmfrazier
in reply to: cadffm

@cadffmwrote:

(Not: Attsync delete all individiual properties except the Attributvalue of attributes)

What do you mean by this?

Message 5 of 9
cadffm
in reply to: dmfrazier

Not: Typo -> I wanted to wrote Note:
I am thinking you understand my notE yet.

For others: If you set individual color layer position height... for a attribut of a blockreference, so different to the current block (definition).
These property values are all reset to current blockdefinition when using Attsync.

- Sebastian -
Message 6 of 9
dmfrazier

(Yes, I understood the typo.)

Now I understand the rest. Thanks for the clarification.

Message 7 of 9
hyldahl82

Will this make it possible for me to enter the information via drawing properties?

We just want to add Scale and Paper size to our title block, so that we can either enter it manually via drawing properties or maybe if there's some way for it to update automatically

Message 8 of 9
cadffm

drawing properties has nothing to do with blocks and attributes,

but you can add custom drawing properties and use this data with FIELD function to display at other locations.

Example screencast from DBroad -> Click!

- Sebastian -
Message 9 of 9
dmfrazier

@hyldahl82wrote:

Will this make it possible for me to enter the information via drawing properties?

We just want to add Scale and Paper size to our title block, so that we can either enter it manually via drawing properties or maybe if there's some way for it to update automatically

As I understand it (and as @cadffm has stated), you can set up the attributes in the title block with Fields which refer to the Drawing (Document) Properties you want.  (It actually doesn't have to be an attribute; it could just be MText containing the field.)  With this arrangement, the Drawing Properties are the "source" (which you would enter at some point, in some manner, manual or automated) and the attributes/fields would display that information "automatically" (depending on your Field Update settings).

(Note: in your original msg I misunderstood "drawing properties" as Properties, as in the Properties palette.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost