Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Block Definition - Problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
808 Views, 7 Replies

Edit Block Definition - Problem

Previously when I double clicked to edit a block, the Edit Block Definition box would come up and the name of the block would be automatically shown in the box at the top left hand side.  The name is no longer shown, and instead I have to pick through the list of block names to find the one I need.  I assume I've changed a setting somewhere but can't work out how to change back.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Julie

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

when you start command _LIST and select the block, does the blockname start with an asterisk (e.g. "*U123")? If so it's an unnamed block and can't be edited in the block-editor.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Alfred.  This has been happening across all projects for a few weeks now.  We name all our blocks.  The names of all blocks in the drawings are listed below the box so they're all there and accessible.  The issue is that I now either have to work out what the block is called by clicking through every item on the listing (which can be a significant amount), or clicking back out, checking the block name and going back in - neither ideal.  My colleagues aren't having the same problem.  It all works for them as it has previously for me.

Message 4 of 8
TheCADnoob

until a solution is found you can rigth click and open in block editor that way. 

cadNOOB RIGHT CLICK BLOCK EDITOR.png

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADnoob

Thanks for getting back.  Having done a bit more investigation I've discovered that if I highlight the block I want to edit and type bedit the name of the block comes up.  It's just when I access the block editor by double clicking that it doesn't anymore.  A mystery!  Any help would be appreciated.

Capture2.JPGCapturecad 1.JPG

Kind regards

Julie

Message 6 of 8
TheCADnoob

What is the command set to in your cui?

type CUI go to double click then go to blocks and see what string is in your macro

CADnoob double click block edit.png

This is my string: $M=$(if,$(and,$(>,$(getvar,blockeditlock),0)),^C^C_properties,^C^C_bedit)

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADnoob

Hi

Thanks for this.  Mine reads exactly the same.  I've just upgraded to 2019 and am still having the same problem.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated!

If i type Bedit it comes up with the block name, but double click is much faster so I'd like to solve the problem.

Julie

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

type BLOCKEDITLOCK change value from 1 to 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups