DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Viewer allow search text

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
joh.richard
27071 Views, 13 Replies

DWG Viewer allow search text

Hi

Some of our user use DWG True view. They often need to search for a text in the drawing. DWG TrueView does not allow the function FInd. And I dont think that we are able to code (vba) that function in TrueView

We try to create PDF files but it is not the best solution. We have more than 1500 drawing. So each week we have to recreated the pdf files.

Is someone have a suggestion for a DWG viewer allowing a "Find" text

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
rkmcswain
in reply to: joh.richard
Message 3 of 14
joh.richard
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for the tips,
I already saw that post in the forum DWG Trueview. I wonder if there is another viewer that allow us a find text

J.

Message 4 of 14

It is an often asked feature, that thusfar has not yet been implemented.

A work-around is using Autodesk Design Review, which has a search function for text objects. But to be able to read a .dwg with Design Review you need to install the corresponding version of DWG True-View. Since the last available version of Autodesk Design Review is 2013, that means you need to work with DWG trueview 2013.

The download page for old versions of trueview can be found here.

I hope this helps

Message 5 of 14
rkmcswain

joh.richard wrote:

Is someone have a suggestion for a DWG viewer allowing a "Find" text

I believe Bentley View has a text search feature, and it will open DGN and DWG files, among others. I'm not going to post the link here, but it's easy to Google it.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 14

Thanks Michiel, I will try autodesk design review. with TrueView 2013. We actually use TrueView 2013

I will come back to this post with my conclusion

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 14
joh.richard

Hi,

@@Michiel.Valcke : I try Autodesk Design Review, with True view 2013. I don't know if I have to much xref in it, but he does not want open the drawing. I have fatal error 😞

@rkmcswain: I try Bentley View. Yesssss I could find text 🙂  but I lost the layer filter. Now I need to read carefully the license agreement to be certain that we can use it at my job

Thanks for  your help!

Message 8 of 14
john.vellek

Hi @joh.richard,

I'm sorry that the drawing caused a fatal error. Is it possible to attach the Files to a post (perhaps in a ZIP file) so I can take a look at them?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 9 of 14
rculp

Turn on AUTOPUBLISH and set it to publish single sheet PDF's to a specific directory and PDFs are created when exiting the files.

PUBLISH will create ALL pdf's from a list of DWG's at one time.

But hey, that's just me.

Randall Culp
Civil-Structural Design Technician
(aka CADaver)
Message 10 of 14
joh.richard
in reply to: john.vellek

HI @john.vellek  Our drawing are confidential, so I'm not able to transmit it. Tomorrow I will created a new drawing and do a test with this new one, to see if the problem persist

Message 11 of 14
john.vellek

HI @joh.richard,

What is the status with the new file? If you like, I can provide a private and secure place to upload your original file that was having this issue.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 12 of 14
Message 13 of 14

what's the problem with CAD to search and find it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the above reply answers your question; Please mark it with ACCEPT SOLUTION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mohamed Nassar , ACP, Autodesk Ambassador Gold
BIM Support / Structure Modeler
Message 14 of 14

not all people have a licence for a full autocad, in a lot of companies those licences are limited for drafters and technicians only, project management will more often use a viewer to consult the work of their drafters.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report