DWG to PDF creates huge files

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
566 Views, 3 Replies

DWG to PDF creates huge files

Hi everyone!

Since yesterday, I don't know why, my AutoCAD (2017) started creating PDFs that are extremely large; whereas a single file would normally be around 1MB or so, now its's around 8MB or 10MB. It happens on layouts that have more information than others, such as more things that are unfrozen or more hatches, especially, it seems to me, dotted hatches. I've always used to DWG to PDF, I've never changed anything on the PDF options. I don't know what's going on, and I really, really!, need this to work. I've tried using other forms, such as AutoCAD PDF, or the export command, and they work just fine. It's just DWG to PDF, in both Plot and Publish.

What I think that may have happend is that I accidentally pressed the wrong keys and prompted a command and somehow changed a variable or something... I really have no idea....

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I suggest that you try to include the Hyperlinks in the PDF options and then plot to PDF again. I believe that should fix the output size for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Yey!!! It apparently worked! thanks so much =D

Message 4 of 4
DubbleBee
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks for the solution. This has been a problem for me for about a year now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report