Did you mean: 

Drawing a rectangle with dimensions not coordinates

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
14618 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing a rectangle with dimensions not coordinates

I must have accidentally changed something on autocad as I have lost the ability to just draw a rectangle by entering my measurements. It is now asking for coordinates. I have read through tips but not found anything to match my issue. I never had to enter "D" to do this, it just was set up to automatically do length etc. I am desperate to get this feature back - please help.

It appears to be different in each file. Previously, I just selected rectangle icon, clicked a point in model space and then two boxes appeared and I entered measurements. Now I just get coordinate option.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Vinayv4v
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Turn on F12 (Dynamic Input)

or 

Type DYNMODE <3>

dyn.JPG

Cheers,

Vinay Vijayakumaran

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Vinayv4v

Thanks - my F12 key does not appear to do anything which is odd (I use F3 and F8 all the time) - but I typed DYNMODE and <3> and it restored the setting.

Thanks so much for helping. I am assuming there are 1-3 different settings or something...

Message 4 of 6
Vinayv4v

Yes.

Refer the link below for details regarding DYNMODE Variable.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoC...

Cheers,

Vinay Vijayakumaran

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Vinayv4v

How do you get the menu bar at the bottom with the "f" commands to show up? I never know whether my functions are on or off. Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Vinayv4v

Hello,

Right Click on any of the options (eg : dyn) then turn of the use icons menu from it.

Untitled.png

Cheers,

Vinay Vijayakumaran

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost