Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloaded Autocad and now can't find it . . .

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
365 Views, 1 Reply

Downloaded Autocad and now can't find it . . .

I downloaded Autocad 2015 or 2016 (can't recall which one) last week. Got an email with a serial number and product key and instructions to activate the software. The instructions tell me the software should be on my desktop - it's not. The only place I see any Autocad files are on my c: drive, but none of them seem to do anything when I open them. There's no .exe file.

Any ideas? Please keep in mind that I don't know much about computers, so you may have to spell things out for me 🙂

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hi i'm not to sure if i answered you correctly, usually your downloaded files will go straight to your c: username (your username log-in) > downloads.

My question is how come you have autodesk folder in  c: drive if you haven't install the autodesk software (hoping there is no other autodesk product installed)

Or your problem is cannot see the file extension? If that is the case you have to go to control panel > folder options > view and tick the "show hidden files, folders and drives. hope it helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report