Did you mean: 

Differences in PDF printing options

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
thenottakenname
246 Views, 1 Reply

Differences in PDF printing options

Hello all,

is there some kind of a compare/contrast list handy, that shows the difference between all the PDF printing options?

From what I see we have:

-Adobe PDF

-AutoCAD PDF.pc3

-DWG to PDF.pc3

-Microsoft print to PDF

We've been using Adobe PDF (Adobe Acrobat 2017) to make pdf's of our drawings, but I'm trying to find another way of printing them that doesn't use Acrobat (i.e. people working from home computers that don't have a license for Acrobat because it's mad expensive for what it is).

The only thing I've noticed is that lineweights seem to be wonky on Microsoft print, AutoCAD PDF doesn't print monochrome properly, and it's only Adobe PDF that prints the pdf with proper margins -- for these there is a bit of white space to the left, right and bottom of the drawing border, but the other pdf's cut it right at the borders edge. AutoCAD's settings in the plot window were the same in the ones I printed off.

So really I'm just looking to get the border margins on these other PDF plotters, but if there is a compare/contrast list around, please let me know!

Thanks!

Aaron Wilson
---------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2022
AutoCAD 2020
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: thenottakenname

Test and find out for yourself, nothing like your own files and pagesetups to appreciate any differences.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report